1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce Permanent warning points stay after warning is deleted

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by CarpCharacin, Aug 17, 2016.

1. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Active Member

I was trying to ban a user by giving them 10 points and that didn't work so I have them 10 more and deleted the old warning , but even though the user only had 1 10 point warning, the user had 20 points. I removed the other warning so the user had no warnings and the 10 points remained.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't reproduce this and we haven't had any other reports of this. You also have another thread where you're indicating you're having various warning problems, so ultimately that is likely related.

I would have to recommend testing with all add-ons disabled. In this case, doing a fresh test installation and attempting to reproduce the issue might actually be the cleanest option. If you can reproduce it in that case, we'd need a specific set of reproduction steps.

Amaury likes this.
  3. CarpCharacin

xfbug.JPG
    The points show up, but I deleted the warning.

4. Mike

Can you provide exact reproduction steps?

5. CarpCharacin

no. I still can't get those points off.

6. Mike

I mean the exact steps you took to trigger the issue. Based on your explanation, I assume you can reproduce it consistently.

So things like:
    1. Clicked warn on a post.
    2. Set points to 10 and unselected an expiration date.
    [...and on until the full steps are explained]

I can't reproduce this and we haven't had any other reports of this.

Can you also confirm whether you have tested this with all add-ons disabled? (As in, you gave and removed the warning with no add-ons.)

7. CarpCharacin

I gave it and removed it before I had any add-ons installed. I can't reproduce it consistently. I can't get those 10 points off. I also can't get it ban users at 10 points, even though I set it to do that.