No warning points?

Mendalla

Does anyone not use warning points? Given our small size and other factors, I am pushing for some restructuring on the site and when I was explaining the points, I kind of realized that it might just be a complication for a site our size. So I've proposed that one option in the restructuring would be to eliminate use of them. They are not used much anyhow and people seem to generally want a less punitive moderation model. I am also making our code into a less legalistic "Charter of Values" type document so this would fit well with that. Just curious about whether other sites have moved away from things like warning points and towards "softer" moderation.

Reactions: OCC
We use them to keep a log but usually without actually letting the member know they got a warning

We use them to keep a log but usually without actually letting the member know they got a warning
That's kind of what I am suggesting on the site. Use warnings to track when someone has done something so there's some history, but don't actually use the points for anything.

Ditto. Just as a log; which is extremely useful if you have multiple moderators.
It provides a history of the member's behavior on the forum.
And gives context when the rare extreme moderating actions take place.

I use them but cap it at an easy number. Basing it on the rules i have.
For example you overdo it with the bickering will give you a 5 warning points and a day off.
Or you could be like how XF have one of theirs 3 days off and 3 warning points.

Top Bottom