1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paypal IPN

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by cynthetiq, Aug 1, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

What URL do I put in for the IPN?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If this is for the user account upgrades, you don't need to do any particular configuration with your PayPal account, other than upgrading it to a Premier account.
  3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

It didn't upgrade them. I had to add them manually. I figured there was probably an IPN configuration I was missing.

double checked, I've got a premier account.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Put in <URL to XF directory>/purchase_callback.php though it won't be used. There appears to be some differing behaviors on PayPal with respect to this.
    dethfire likes this.
  5. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

I added the line to the IPN, I'll wait until next upgrade.
  6. KozmoK

KozmoK Active Member

7. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

thanks! I do have that but for some reason it still fails the IPN from time to time. I'm not sure if it's the VPS that I was using. I changed hosting companies so we'll see what happens.
  8. KozmoK

KozmoK Active Member

Yeah its definetly Weird sometimes. I have two business accounts. One account requires no IPN and works great on XenForo. The other account does not, and I have to use an IPN. I also had to turn messages on.

The account that didnt work without IPN turned on, worked flawlessly on Vbulletin for years.

Your best best is to load up your phpmyadmin and look at the user upgrade logs to see why it failed.