Paypal IPN

cynthetiq

What URL do I put in for the IPN?

To start receiving IPN messages, enter the notification URL and select Receive IPN messages below. To temporarily stop receiving IPN messages, select Do not receive IPN messages below. PayPal continues to generate and store IPN messages until you select Receive IPN messages again (or turn off IPN).

Notification URL

If this is for the user account upgrades, you don't need to do any particular configuration with your PayPal account, other than upgrading it to a Premier account.

It didn't upgrade them. I had to add them manually. I figured there was probably an IPN configuration I was missing.

double checked, I've got a premier account.

Put in <URL to XF directory>/purchase_callback.php though it won't be used. There appears to be some differing behaviors on PayPal with respect to this.

thanks! I do have that but for some reason it still fails the IPN from time to time. I'm not sure if it's the VPS that I was using. I changed hosting companies so we'll see what happens.

Yeah its definetly Weird sometimes. I have two business accounts. One account requires no IPN and works great on XenForo. The other account does not, and I have to use an IPN. I also had to turn messages on.

The account that didnt work without IPN turned on, worked flawlessly on Vbulletin for years.

Your best best is to load up your phpmyadmin and look at the user upgrade logs to see why it failed.

Top Bottom