XF 1.1 PayPal IPN issues with upgrades.

PVO_Dave

PayPal for some reason keeps finding promlems with the IPN address, it won't let you enable IPN without an address, so we put the recomended address in from another thread on here.

But we keep getting these emails:

Dear Vauxhall Owners Network Official Club,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN).
Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/payment_gateway.php?method=paypal

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using
IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information.
If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Ta,
Dave.

Not sure I can do much about it for the moment, we cancelled all the subs within PP, disabled all active subscription options in VB.

Guess it'll just stop trying over time... lol

Dave.

Not sure I can do much about it for the moment, we cancelled all the subs within PP, disabled all active subscription options in VB.

Guess it'll just stop trying over time... lol

Dave.

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I just started receiving the same emails from paypal for old VB recurring subscriptions that were canceled.

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I just started receiving the same emails from paypal for old VB recurring subscriptions that were canceled.

Same situation for me. PayPal sends me those emails. It is always old vbulletin URLs. How can I stop this? Will this tirn-off of the IPN influence then also the fture new subscription done in the XF forum with the same PayPal account?

Same situation for me. PayPal sends me those emails. It is always old vbulletin URLs. How can I stop this? Will this tirn-off of the IPN influence then also the fture new subscription done in the XF forum with the same PayPal account?

Presumably that old IPN is entered into your Paypal settings on paypal.com

Paid subscriptions do not transfer to XF. Your users will need to purchase new subscriptions that you setup in XF.

Presumably that old IPN is entered into your Paypal settings on paypal.com

Paid subscriptions do not transfer to XF. Your users will need to purchase new subscriptions that you setup in XF.

I understand this. But I need to handle the timeoverlap of the subscriptions somehow. This is what I wanted to do:

1. cancel all old vb-PayPal subscription of vbforums
2. write down the lenght how long it was theoretically still valid for each user
3. enter the XF-ACP and manually set a deadline for each of these user how long they can still have the additional usergroup "premium"
4. As soon as this deadline arrives, they are automatically normla resgitered users in XF ad then they have to make a new subscription via the XF-paypal interface

Point #3 is my problem. I do not know where to add the date into XF for each user

I'm getting this same error - and yet I've got no active subscriptions anymore. I cancelled them all before upgrading so that I wouldn't have a problem like this o_O. PayPal even shows that there are zero subscriptions, and yet I got this same error this morning. How could that be possible if I've got no trace of VB left?

Is there somewhere that this URL is stored within PayPal?

I don't think it's changeable. PayPal stores the callback URL with each payment.

Mike, what would happen if we 301'd - or made a copy of payment_callback.php and renamed it payment_gateway.php

Would the world implode?

Just curious :)

Is there no way to make current subs in paypal continue to work in XF?

It would just fail in XenForo because the necessary data wouldn't be provided. I don't think PayPal follows a 301 BTW but I'm not positive.

It's certainly theoretically possible to make the payments continue to work, but it would need custom development to parse the old format, map the necessary IDs (which can likely be done with your import log), check the necessary payment confirmations (which is where one of the challenges potentially comes from and may well have to be specific to your case).

Top Bottom