XF 1.0 Pages

Pages allow you to manage simple content in the node tree. Find out more here:

http://xenforo.com/community/pages/example-page/

The node list display could do with some improvements. We have some ideas about that.

The exact look of the auto-generated navigation is a work-in-progress as well. :)

I've mentioned before how fast we can develop with the XenForo framework. Pages is a particular example of that in action - I wrote the majority of the code that runs the Pages system in one afternoon. :)

This is the post that might make the IB 'wigs break a sweat... maybe lie awake at night, or short their IB stock.
Like the ol' western song goes, "ya gonna miss me when I'm gone..."

I've noticed the breadcrumbs is showing as under forums. Surely pages would be better under their own section? Sorry if that's already been brought up.

"Page" function is the best renovation in Xen.I can do many creative things with "Page"

bookmark, please don't tease us tooo much... What are some examples of the creative things you can do with "Page"?
I'm new to that kind of format and would love to read about / see examples of ways of applying it... esp along the track of CMS-lite... and promoting posts or excerpting parts of posts to build articles, with links back to the original forum posts.
Thanks!

bookmark, please don't tease us tooo much... What are some examples of the creative things you can do with "Page"?
I'm new to that kind of format and would love to read about / see examples of ways of applying it... esp along the track of CMS-lite... and promoting posts or excerpting parts of posts to build articles, with links back to the original forum posts.
Thanks!
If you go to forumhome, you'll see a link to an example Page just under the forums.

Did you ever see Logician's Webtemplates add-on for vB? This is very similar. You start a page, then fill it with your own html. You can do basically anything you want inside that page. It's a blank slate.

Then you can choose to either place it in the forums (as is done here) OR you can not place it in the forums, and place a link to it somewhere on the forum. Such as you would link to a regular html webpage.

Examples -
Meet the Staff page
resources page
Links page
Partners links page
Portfolio (for designers and/or coders).

I used Logician's add-on extensively and will this one too.

Can we set a page to use as a homepage instead of the forum home?

I see this question hasn't been answered :). I have the same question... when I go to the example page now, it sits/is accessible through a link in the 'Test and examples' forum. But I have no use for that... what I really need is exactly this functionality of static pages for my site. Not the forum. So, when visitors click on [Home], they are presented with exactly this. Is this possible?

Yes it is. Don't add the page to the forum list, and point your homepage url to this page.

Great, so it possible then to create custom pages and get rid of the automatically generated navigation menu (which consists of links to forums now) and replace it with just links to the pages I created?

I just had a look at the example page, and one of the things I was really keen to know is if the pages one creates will automatically skin to your board choice.

Testing it out by changing theme on the example page seems to indicate it will, I hope i am correct in that assumption, because that would be a truly awesome and much requested (in my world) Forum software feature.. pages that automatically skin, and can be flexible with their content!!!

A page is effectively the container shell (the title/breadcrumbs and above, and the bottom breadcrumb and below) with whatever you want in the middle (with some other niceties thrown in. :)). That shell comes from the user's current style (or a forced style, if you prefer).

A page is effectively the container shell (the title/breadcrumbs and above, and the bottom breadcrumb and below) with whatever you want in the middle (with some other niceties thrown in. :)). That shell comes from the user's current style (or a forced style, if you prefer).
Mike, could you set up say 3 pages and then make them their own section. For example having just those three pages linked in the header sub-menu, with a main header link?

Mike, could you set up say 3 pages and then make them their own section. For example having just those three pages linked in the header sub-menu, with a main header link?
I believe you'd have to get your hands dirty in the templates for that, though you could mostly pull it off. The main problem would be "selecting" the right tab.

Top Bottom