XF 1.0 Pages

Pages allow you to manage simple content in the node tree. Find out more here:

http://xenforo.com/community/pages/example-page/

The node list display could do with some improvements. We have some ideas about that.

The exact look of the auto-generated navigation is a work-in-progress as well. :)

Quick question: can you use BBCode on pages, and if so, how ([B] doesn't work, for example)? I want to put [medio] codes (from the XenMedio add-on) on my page, but don't know if that's possible. Thanks! :)

Quick question: can you use BBCode on pages, and if so, how ([B] doesn't work, for example)? I want to put [medio] codes (from the XenMedio add-on) on my page, but don't know if that's possible. Thanks! :)
seeing as the Pages use Template HTML I don't think you can use BBCode. HTML and BBCode are two different beasts.

As per the FAQ: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180445

Can I use BB Code in Pages?
Currently it is only possible to use HTML in Pages, BB Code is not supported.

As ragtek said, you can also use a PHP callback but that obviously requires some coding knowledge.

The easiest way to format content in a page so it mimics a post using BB Code is to create the post and then view the page source. Then just copy and paste the HTML.

I may have a solution for you Kurt...PC me if you are open to ideas for it.

For those wanting a quick and dirty about what Xenforo Pages are ... here it is:

I think people have lost sight of what XenForo pages are. They are nothing more than templates sitting within the node tree. They are simply not intended to be a CMS or an article system or to support a drag and drop UI builder, nor do I ever forsee a time at which they will. They do a simple job, fulfilling a need to be able to define a small number of web pages that can be controlled by node permissions relatively easily.
A CMS, an article manager, or a drag and drop UI builder are all far more complex propositions, and XenForo's Pages system is entirely the wrong place to start working with them. Those things require far more back-end support and architecture and have completely different requirements from Pages.

I'm not promising that XenForo will never have those things, but I am saying that if you are looking for them as features of Pages, you are looking in the wrong place and you will end up disappointed.

One way to educate users about pages would be for xenforo.com to use them.
Maybe you should call them Forum Pages and not just Pages ?

I'd like the Xenforo pages, i think this is a perfect feature! (but yes, commentable pages...*salivating*)

Another vote for comments !

With VB it's not so easy to create pages, you need an addon and a lot of work to customize them...for many years vb users asked for a simple pages features (for creating an about/terms zonelike this)...now with xenforo it's possible to do this in a few minutes.

People naturally got excited after dealing with vBulletin not having an easy way to make pages. As well, with two mods (editable outside the adminCP and not being tied to the forums) Xenforo Pages could be extremely useful. Add in bbcode support for extra pizazz.

People aren't pretending Xenforo Pages are a CMS. Myself and others feel they could be very useful with minor tweaks ... while we wait for Xenforo CMS.

As well, with two mods (editable outside the adminCP and not being tied to the forums) Xenforo Pages could be extremely useful. Add in bbcode support for extra pizazz.

Agree. Permission levels for pages (with an editor like the editor for threads) and bb code support should improve this wonderful feature!

Could you give some examples of what you intend to use them for? Just to satisfy my curiosity :)
I intend to use them in a number of different ways, the biggest one being for pages! I have always wanted a nice easy way to put up pages on forums :). I think this is feature is overlooked too often.

People naturally got excited after dealing with vBulletin not having an easy way to make pages. As well, with two mods (editable outside the adminCP and not being tied to the forums) Xenforo Pages could be extremely useful. Add in bbcode support for extra pizazz.

When I first learned of the Pages feature, I was hoping it would be more like Logician's WebTemplates mod for vB. Where you can set everything up in the ACP, but any editing thereafter is done from the page, with no need to go back into the acp.

I'm actually still hoping for this for the future. Pages, imo, is the most under-rated, under-used, and under-promoted feature of XenForo.
Which is probably just as well. They definitely need to be easier for non-coders to use.

Would it be possible to create pages without going to admin panel in future release?
This is what many of us are hoping for.

Top Bottom