Page Width issue...

Peggy

I'm really having a difficult time with this.

I want my site to look good on both my (and my members) monitors, but I also want it to look good on mobile devices, specifically iPad and iPhone, which are the two devices that I have.

I had it set to fixed width, which I really do not like. With the settings, I used, it looked good on the ipad/iphone, but very narrow/squished on my monitor.

SO, I just changed it to fluid width, using these settings -
width = auto
left and right margins = 50px
min width = 900px.

This looks ok on the ipad/iphone, but is very very wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide on my monitor (23" widescreen).

Am I going to have to settle with this width on my monitor so that it looks good on these mobile devices?

I want my site to look good on both my (and my members) monitors, but I also want it to look good on mobile devices, specifically iPad and iPhone, which are the two devices that I have.

I had it set to fixed width, which I really do not like. With the settings, I used, it looked good on the ipad/iphone, but very narrow/squished on my monitor.

width = auto
min width = 900px.

This looks ok on the ipad/iphone, but is very very wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide on my monitor (23" widescreen).

Am I going to have to settle with this width on my monitor so that it looks good on these mobile devices?
You can use max-width to make it so there is a maximum width it can expand to.

width = auto
min width = 900px.

Just add

left and right margins = XXpx

this is gonna take me forever to learn new techniques, lol

Nope this part is easy, really. I'm just trying to cater to the mobile crowd as well as the PC crowd, so it's getting a bit frustrating.

To change your forum width, go to your acp > appearance > styles.
When you see your style, then go to style properties > General > Page Width Controller.

I did and don't understand it :C sounds like you want a fixed but than you said you tryed a fixed

SO you want it to fit small screens and not look big on a big screen ? = fixed
She wants a fluid width style, but she wants it to stop expanding after a certain amount.

The best way to do this is making use of max-width (try 1200 or so, or increase it depending on your resolution).

She wants a fluid width style, but she wants it to stop expanding after a certain amount.

The best way to do this is making use of max-width (try 1200 or so, or increase it depending on your resolution).
Yea but she also wants it to work with small screens so that's max and min with margin auto 0 with! margin 0 30px.. Don't think max and min will work

okie doke, will try this.

btw I'm using 1449 x 900, altho my monitor will go all the way up to 1920 x 1080.

darned if I know.

The max width messed it all up, so I'm going to stick with my wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide forum on my monitor, so that it'll look ok on the mobile devices, I guess.

Top Bottom