1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Page node on root of domain?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Eelviny, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Eelviny

Eelviny Member

Hey there. I'm a beginner with Xenforo and need a bit of help here.
    I have Xenforo 1.2.1 installed, and am adapting it to work as my main website. I would like to be able to assign a page to the root of my domain, so http://www.example.com/ for example. My current solution is just to .htaccess redirect it to example.com/home, but it's not ideal or user-friendly.
    Is there a way to do this in default Xenforo? I've tried route filters, to no avail.

So, how can I assign a page to the root of my domain? Been searching for a while now, with no luck.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You should be able to set the index route in your options. I've never tried to set a page, but in theory you should be able to.
  3. Eelviny

Eelviny Member

That was set slightly wrongly, yeah. I had it set up to the point to home/, instead of the page before I route filtered it(pages/home/). Just waiting for caches to clear and I'll see if it's made a difference.
    I had set it correctly before, but on joining the website it would redirect you to home/.
    I want to be able to have that page assigned to /. Any other ways, or add-ons you know of?
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Get rid of the route filter and just set the index route to pages/home/ -- that should be all that's necessary.
  5. Eelviny

Eelviny Member

Ah, found my problem. Widget Framework seems to be doing something funny.
    Will go take it up with the developer of that instead.