[OzzModz] Tours and Hints

[OzzModz] Tours and Hints [Paid] 2.1.7 Patch Level 2

No permission to buy ($50.00)
It will redirect automatically to forums page? Also, once tour is finished, the button will close automatically.

Maybe you can test it , would be great to know before purchasing.

I don't have that addon nor have time to set it up and test it. Should it not work with the addon, and I can't get it working. I would refund the purchase.

I don't have that addon nor have time to set it up and test it. Should it not work with the addon, and I can't get it working. I would refund the purchase.
In case if it’s not working, how quick you can get it fixed ?

I posted in your thread on your site. Would you rather I migrate all my comments over here? It's been over a week since I made those comments. I saw you were logged into your site since then so not really sure what you would rather have since I haven't had a response there.

I gave a quick answer over there. A lot of what you posted is going to be hard to answer fully as I don’t use the addon.

I gave a quick answer over there. A lot of what you posted is going to be hard to answer fully as I don’t use the addon.
Ah, ok. Just a quick synopsis for others who were having issues as well, seems my biggest issue was when you clicked tours, it would reload the page and not give the tour or even an error. The js files were 404'ing which is what prompts the page reload since the js "isn't there". What I had to do was change the files to [filename].min.js. Not sure how others got it working without having to do that, maybe their server automatically min's the js files, but mine doesn't. Once I changed that, the page no longer reloaded.

The other issue was where you paste the selector. Based on the video, I just copy and pasted the selector. Well...my stuff was too long for the character limit in the input field and it was being cut off when I went to save it. To fix it, I just kept the last few "classes" (or selectors? not sure on the terminology here) and saved it, and that worked for me. For example:

I had:
#top > div.xb-page-wrapper.xb-canvas.xb-canvas-menuActive > div.canvas-wrapper > div.canvas-right > div.xb-content-wrapper > div.p-body > div > div.p-body-main.p-body-main--withSidebar > div.p-body-content > div > div.block.game-list > div > div:nth-child(1)

Trimmed it to:
div.p-body-main.p-body-main--withSidebar > div.p-body-content > div > div.block.game-list > div > div:nth-child(1)

To make things easier on you (@Ozzy47) since I did post a lot prior to me figuring it out:
Bug
: Can't use hyperlinks in hints or tours (even though the description says you can use html - what it does is reloads the page like the js is missing; like my original problem)

Bug: the custom css templates don't seem to get pulled. I had to edit the non-custom (original) css templates to make the proper changes.

Feature request: Have a way for the tours and/or hints to start automatically (with maybe a time limit?). Or perhaps based on certain actions (clicking into a subforum, into a thread, clicking back to the forums, just registered/confirmed email address; just some random ideas).

With that being said, I'm actually looking into using the Modal popup addon to see if I can integrate the tours in with it to make it look a bit more professional, like what you would see when you install Malwarebytes.

Top Bottom