[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Not not seen any one else with the issue, but that don't mean no one else don't have it.
I guess that the most xf-people still dont care for mobile users. I should know this also month before, but i have not cared.
In my opion i will never use a mobile to read/write in an forum, if there is no special reason to do it. And the most time in my live i have at least a tablet near me. But the half of the world (connected to my forum) uses the mobile all the time as it seems.

This was the reason why i have started to "clean" xf from some infos. Finally a mobile style need to be really clean and without a lot of things that are typical for a forum. I guess that programers are still far a away from the real world of normal people.

To make a small test, just watch any normal xf-page and count how many "points/areas" with infos you can see, that you normally dont need.

Maybe this comes from historical reasons, when forums were something for "technical" people.

Bug: If a user just signed up and never edited his profile, the custom fields won't be replaced.

1593155622670.webp

When the user made a change to his profile (even though leaving all the fields blank) the fields are replaced.

@ozzy47 : Can you "force" users to fill in the form fields (i.e that filed is mandatory), and if any field is missing they are not allowed to submit the thread ?
I am thinking of using this in marketplace threads, where if some information is missing they arent allowed to submit the thread

@ozzy47 : Can you "force" users to fill in the form fields (i.e that filed is mandatory), and if any field is missing they are not allowed to submit the thread ?
I am thinking of using this in marketplace threads, where if some information is missing they arent allowed to submit the thread
there is an option to make answers mandatory yes, you can also choose the error message they are presented with ;)

Some feedback:

I can report in a thread and also in a second thread, but why you dont allow me to add the report also in one thread in the same time?
I can choose post or thread, but not both? Why? The code to allow this is done in a minute, i guess. I will try now and addon for the addon to fix this, but i think you really should add this small code to the addon.

Thread 234 with title "New hotels"
=> New post for "Lalablue Hotel"

Thread:
=> New Thread: "Lalablue Hotel in New York"

I have to use question and answer in my result, but why?
The result looks alsways the same:

Question: Answer
Question: Answer

But maybe i want to have something like

h2]This is my {answer1}[/h2
My name is {answer2}, i am the owner of {answer3} {answer4} in {answer5}

h2]Welcome to the best hotel in Paris![/h2
My name is Isabelle, i am the owner of the Hotel Lalablue in Paris ...

I dont see any reason for that code behaviour. You may have an answer, if there is any need or is this just a question of addon design?

With this two limits the addon misses a lot of possible results. So i am really wondering about.

A third point, i have done for myself now:
If there is only one form, it makes no sense to see the second page!

Forms > Click > Choose Form > Click > Form is just one click to much!
Forms > Click Form is much better!

The code for this is now two lines (for my needs).

While working with a form, i add "default questions". To add one in a form i have to add them all?
And delete what is twice times here?
I cant choose them one by one?

It would be really nice to pass at least one field_value to the form, like

/form/?field=1&value=Hotel

to see the form with:

Type "Hotel, Appartement", "Hotel choosen";

People are maybe stupi, while they watch a katalogue with hotels, they want to click "book your hotel!" without chooseing the hotel one more time from a list.

I guess this is also no big story to get the incoming vars with filter and check at least the radio/select fields to have the choosen value at the top or selected.

form1=Hotel&form12=Water
could do it for multiple values.

6. Mayby i dont want to see the user who sends the form? There should be checkbox to get rid of this information. Especially when i have the user as poster of the thread/post. Also it is not correct to show the ip to third persons if a guest posts this.

7. It would be also really wonderful to use the multi prefix addon from XON;
if i remember right it is also no big story to replace the interger input with an array for prefix and svprefixes.

8. This would be more work, i guess.
I think about how nice it could be to fill custom_fields of a thread with the values from a form. :)
Here only for thread.

9. Imagine maybe also to add the words from field 3 and 9 (as an example) with more chars than {option} to the tags of a new thread.

Top Bottom