[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Why, it functions as intended and advertised? Nothing is planned, but that don’t mean nothing will never happen.

Why not? XenForo by itself functions as intended and advertised but they are still fixing bugs, improving features and adding new stuff.

But don't worry, since this is not your intention i'll go with another AddOn.

Not planned TBH. You should stop the spambots from signing up. If they are already bypassing the checks during registration then they would pass them at the form.
Thanks for the reply. You have a good point, and we are trying our best to stop spambots from signing up too.

However from time to time there will be human spam users who can get around these registration spam safeguards, and having the Spam Management checks in place can deter them from successfully posting spam content in the forum. So far this works well for the normal threads, profile posts, etc; largely because of the Spam Phrase match.

For Advanced Forms, human spammers are able to bypass whatever Spam Management content checks in place. We have tried to combat this by using regular expression on the form fields, but a single regular expression is not flexible enough to block multiple variations of spam content. Thus, if every relevant form field (e.g. with text), go through the XenForo stock Spam Management checks, it could make your add-on more secure.

Thanks for considering!

ozzy47 updated Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.1+ with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.1 Update 2.0.28

Fixed: Cannot save with validation errors. Use validate() to ensure there are no errors.

Fixed: Argument 1 passed to XF::asVisitor() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, instance of XF\Entity\Admin given, called in /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php on line 1695 src/XF.php:473

Read the rest of this update entry...

Any thoughts about this error?

Code:
Server error log
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XF::asVisitor() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, instance of XF\Entity\Admin given, called in /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php on line 1695 src/XF.php:473
Generated by: Unknown account 03.05.2020. at 13:57
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(1695): XF::asVisitor()
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(1136): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->createReply()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->actionSubmit()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch()
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop()
#6 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp()
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "/form/slatkovodni-kratki-ribolovni-izvjestaj.2/submit"
  ["referrer"] => string(106) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/threads/kratki-slatkovodni-izvjestaji-sa-ribolova-2018-2020-godina.29718/page-9"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/form/slatkovodni-kratki-ribolovni-izvjestaj_2/submit"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["question"] => array(10) {
      [18] => string(11) "Sava Zagreb"
      ["17_html"] => string(332) "<p>6-7 sati feeder ribolova na novoj poziciji koja me ugodno iznenadila. Odmah kod prvog zabaca griz nakon minute te sam u prvih sat vremena ulovio oko 5 mrena. Nakon toga su se ribe (ili ja) malo ulijenile i grizovi se prorijedili. Pred kraj seanse promjenio sam poziciju zabaca i uhvatio još nekoliko u kratkom vremenu.&nbsp;</p>"
      [15] => string(10) "2020-05-01"
      [24] => string(37) "10-ak mrena, jedna plotica i štupser"
      [19] => string(30) "crvi i pola kile feeder smjese"
      ["21_html"] => string(64) "<p>feeder štap&nbsp; cromoran 150 g, rola daiwa black widow</p>"
      ["22_html"] => string(98) "<p>klizni sistem s kaveznom hranilicom 60 g, glavni najlon 0.25, predvez 0.16 i 0.20, udice 16</p>"
      [16] => string(6) "do 2 m"
      ["25_html"] => string(50) "<p>oblačno, kišovito, sunčano i tako u krug</p>"
      [20] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["captcha_question_answer"] => string(6) "kiseli"
    ["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "5c6bb3927e4fc0b79e137874c7931834c1ba4633"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(80) "/threads/kratki-slatkovodni-izvjestaji-sa-ribolova-2018-2020-godina.29718/page-9"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Fixed in version 2.0.28

I think this will work.

First set the "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" user group permission so they can view forms.

Then in the Type and Form User Criteria use the "User is a member of any of the selected user groups" section and select both the "Registered" and "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" user groups. Don't use anything in the "Privileges and status" section. If you use that section XenForo will expect the user to meet all of the items checked there.

Thanks, that did work! (y)

While trying this i've stumbled on the "can approve / deny submitted forms" settings. What does that mean and where can i find the approve and deny page?

Hmm, ok. But what happens with approved or denied forms? Is there a logic behind it? Will the users be notified?

While trying this i've stumbled on the "can approve / deny submitted forms" settings. What does that mean and where can i find the approve and deny page?
Hmm, ok. But what happens with approved or denied forms? Is there a logic behind it? Will the users be notified?
Approve and deny only works for registered users. You can't approve or deny forms from unregistered users because there's no record of a user for an unregistered user (no user ID). Therefore no action can be taken with unregistered users.

If the person is a registered user on your site, the actions you define in the Decision or Poll promote section are taken and the person is notified of the decision by PC if you choose to do that in that section.

Last edited:
Hey so. I am wondering how I make a question required so it can be used in the report title. I want to use whatever the individual types in as question awnser 1 as the title of the newly created thread. How do I go about doing this.

@ozzy47 I love this add-on but one thing is missing and would be so huge for my site. The WYSISYG form type doesn't have a Preview functionality and this makes typing out longer posts really tough. Can we add this somehow?

I would like to know is this addon can be an alternative to LiquidPro Simple Forms for XF2.1 (I'm upgrading)

Right now I'm on xf1.5 and I use LiquidPro Simple Forms to run a classified node.
With SF I can set "lists" so I can use them in different forms:

for example I created a list of manufacturers, a list of product conditions (mint, used, broken, etc) and I can use them in many different forms as dropdown, radio, checkboxes, etc. If I update one list it is updated in all the forms already created.

is this possible with this addon?

is there a demo to test it?

I would like to know is this addon can be an alternative to LiquidPro Simple Forms for XF2.1 (I'm upgrading)

Right now I'm on xf1.5 and I use LiquidPro Simple Forms to run a classified node.
With SF I can set "lists" so I can use them in different forms:

for example I created a list of manufacturers, a list of product conditions (mint, used, broken, etc) and I can use them in many different forms as dropdown, radio, checkboxes, etc. If I update one list it is updated in all the forms already created.

is this possible with this addon?

is there a demo to test it?
I used Simple forms in past, and then I have to move to Advanced forms because xf upgrade.
They are similiar but not the same.
But you can make it from both same result with more/less time, pain, thinking, resolving unusual problems...
But yes...

I used Simple forms in past, and then I have to move to Advanced forms because xf upgrade.
They are similiar but not the same.
But you can make it from both same result with more/less time, pain, thinking, resolving unusual problems...
But yes...
Thank you Sunka, I'm aware that they are quite similar, but I have some very long lists and I would like to not recreate them for every form.
is it possible to "re-use list"? maybe re-using questions?

Top Bottom