[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@Robert9 while I don't maintain this add-on any more, I can say much of what you want is more for your own personal use and not what the add-on was intended to do. The add-on is coded for a majority of people's needs, not just to the needs for one person. To expect an add-on to be re-coded to fit your site's needs isn't reasonable on any level. And some of what you're asking for can already be done if you take the time to read the descriptions that are supplied in the form options (such as item 6).

I would be interested in the additions as well. Would you mind to share the AddOn for 1 & 3? Also, i would pay for the developing for 5 and 8.

I was creating a new conditional question as header phrase. Once it was saved, the conditional was gone. That shouldn't be the case, right?

Anyone care to get hired to write up the documentation for this addon? Someone that uses it heavily is preferred.

EDIT: Found found someone.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to force people through a form? For example, manually assign them a secondary user group, and the next time they log on, they can't do anything but fill out a form? And then after they fill out the form, it removes them from that secondary user group.

And for extra credit, also optional give them another user group depending on yes/no answer?

I'm not hopeful, but any suggestions?

I can't seem to find in the question editor how to make a question required so it turns red and I can use it in a title? Where is it?

If form types are optional now over 1.X, what is the mindset behind using types? As a new user, should I invest in using form types, or not... what are the use cases?

Is it advised to always make, and then use a 'Forms System' user account in Report options (I'll probably start with Thread Reports)? My instinct says yes, but what are the use cases for something different?

Thread Reporting seems the most useful... are people finding good use cases for other reporting types?

Thank you.

I am gonna write the documentation for this. If you can be patient for couple of days, perhaps the documentation will answer your questions.

To answer your former question, it is somehow possible to force users to fill out a form if you set up your forum permissions correctly. You just can't have it like as a prompt or a pop up. Like the second they visit the site, they are directed to the form. That is not possible. But it is possible to disallow them all kind of view permissions and the only thing they can see is in the navigation bar and/or in a widget the access to the forms.

Thanks sbj, I will have the basics down and my first form published here today. Part of my struggle is over, but I'll definitely read for intermediate use. The next new form user will love you.

I'm quite curious about all the different clever ways people have used forms, definitely one of the more powerful add-ons I've seen.

What I need immediately is how to make a question required. I'm an idiot for not seeing it. Help. Thanks.

Can adding a secondary user group be conditionally based on a yes/no question? (or any question type?)

Yes = add secondary user group 'group yes'.
No = no promotion, or, add secondary user group 'group no'.

Last edited:
I can't seem to find in the question editor how to make a question required so it turns red and I can use it in a title? Where is it?
SBJ was correct. Just enter an error for the question and it becomes required.
If form types are optional now over 1.X, what is the mindset behind using types? As a new user, should I invest in using form types, or not... what are the use cases?
Types are simply a way to categorize your forms into groups. Also if a Type is forbidden for a user group to use, all of the forms in that Type will no longer be available to that user group no matter what the form permission settings are.
Is it advised to always make, and then use a 'Forms System' user account in Report options (I'll probably start with Thread Reports)? My instinct says yes, but what are the use cases for something different?
In most cases yes. The only time it wouldn't be needed is if all of your users have permission to post threads, conversations and to create PCs. Even then, I'd still do it so there's a bot user to send error PCs to the admin.

This is the image I am preparing to explain the "types" problem. I think it get asked a lot so I wanted to explain visually how the system works. Of course nobody other than Snog can explain the addon better, so I hope I don't do any mistakes in the documentation.

4.webp

In most cases yes.
Thanks. That's what I thought. I would suggest just make this mandatory and eliminate the potential for confusion. Even require the exact spelling of this system account.

I got through it and published first form. Thank you all.

My first form went great. I used the instant promotion feature to move people to a 'yes' group. 100% yes was expected, but I did have a couple outliers that required manually removing those outliers from the 'yes' group to a 'no' group.

Feature Request 1: Ability to remove secondary group upon completion (not conditional based).
Feature Request 2: Ability to conditionally add/remove a secondary user group based on a yes/no question.

Use case... I'm using groups for user management. I have three kinds of groups, groups that give permissions, groups that take away permissions, and organizational groups.

Thank you.

Top Bottom