Fixed  Outdated Templates, updated with WebDav are still showing as Outdated Templates

Miko

In Beta 5 Outdated Templates, that have been updated with WebDav are still showing as Outdated Templates.

I tried rebuilding the master data /install/index.php?upgrade but that didn't help

Saving the template in Admin CP also does not help, no matter what the templates are showing in the Outdated Templates.

Couple of Examples:

category_view > Custom Version: , Master Version: 1.0.0 Alpha 3
footer > Custom Version: , Master Version: 1.0.0 Beta 5

Just to be clear I know that I have updated the code correctly in each of the templates that are showing as Outdated, but...

To be 1000% sure I even copied and pasted the footer template from the B5 Master Style into my custom style and it's still showing as Outdated :(

Edit 2

I just noticed that some templates like PAGE_CONTAINER are not showing in the Outdated Templates... which is even more confusing

Edit 3

node_list.css are different in the Master style and in my custom style, however I never touched it or edited it. In admin CP is not even showing me the rex X to revert the template.

I didn't change any colour in the style properties either....

Left Side is the B5 Master Style

screen-capture.webp

I fixed the node_list.css by uploading the master version with WebDav and then Reverting it in Admin CP

Edit 4

I exported the style xml file and opened it in a code editor and noticed that some of the templates are showing as:

<template title="footer" addon_id="" version_id="0" version_string="">

while the one that are actually working correctly by not showing in the Outdated Templates list are showing as:

<template title="PAGE_CONTAINER" addon_id="XenForo" version_id="1000035" version_string="1.0.0 Beta 5">

Looks like the templates that are showing in the Outdated list are missing the addon_id="" version_id="0" version_string=""

Edit 5

Re importing the style xml didn't do anyting.

Edit 6

The only solution that is working is to revert the templates with empty addon_id="" version_id="0" version_string="" and reapply the changes.

Doing that will work and turn the empty id as follow:

<template title="footer" addon_id="" version_id="0" version_string="">

to

<template title="footer" addon_id="XenForo" version_id="1000035" version_string="1.0.0 Beta 5">

Now that I covered all angles I leave this one for you Mike as it's definetly a bug :)

I had 5 outdated templates. I should revert all of them and then edit again. Now I have 0 outdated templates. Seems like bug.

I think I have a fix for this now, though it's not retroactive. It only applies if the first time you edit a template (in the non-master style) is via WebDAV. As a workaround, you should be able to edit the template via the web interface and set the add-on appropriately (probably to "XenForo"). The version should then be maintained in the future.

Top Bottom