OS X Yosemite Public Beta

This reminds me of videogames and movies. When your friend hooks you up with a copy of something it's sharing. When other people stick their nosey self into your business they call it stealing. Lol smh
Last post in reference to this, but like I said... a difference in ethics.

Using iOS 8 for about 10 minutes and the first thing i don't like is when you double tap it brings up your favorites and recent. Why can i not delete a recent if i choose too? What if I'm messaging all my favorites it will just be duplicates in the recent part.
Example if my recents are A B C D E F and those are my most recent contacted the recents will shoe A B C D E F. Just useless duplicates if someone is my fav it shouldn't shoe up in recent (at least i should have the option). Also the option to remove something or move it to the bottom empty space?
What do you think?

I don't care about iOS 8 Beta nor am I using it. I was asking questions about Yosemite because I like being able to send a SMS text to someone from my mac.

Btw next question: have any of you actually been able to answer phone calls from Yosemite yet or does that require iOS 8?

Since we're talking about iOS 8 now, next question.

Does Mail still suck? Have there been any improvements?

This reminds me of videogames, music and movies. When your friend hooks you up with a copy of something they bought it's sharing. When other people stick their nosey self into your business they call it stealing. Lol smh
Lending a friend something they bought is sharing, providing a copy of something they bought is stealing. :coffee:

Lending a friend something they bought is sharing, providing a copy of something they bought is stealing. :coffee:
I was gonna compare your argument to food but I couldn't think of an instance where food could be copied then shared. Only one person I know of whose ever done that.

Mail wasn't left out of the fun, as Apple gave its email app a long overdue visual overhaul (it now looks a lot more like iOS Mail). The company added a lot of punch to Mail's features as well, as you can now annotate photo and PDF attachments straight from a message. There's also a new iCloud-based email attachment-saving feature that lets you upload files (up to 5 GB) that the recipient can download directly from the link. The idea is to kill the problem of attaching large files that your recipient's email server won't receive. http://www.gizmag.com/os-x-yosemite-new-mac-software-update/32362/

Okay I knew this much before and forgot already. There was one feature a lot of my customers used to complain about that was lacking from mail but I can't remember. Hmm..

I can't get certain features of Yosemite to work inside VMWare Fusion so I'm going to dual boot 10.10 with 10.9.

Doesn't that make it an illicit copy?
Of course, I don't have a DV account so I am not sure if you can give other people copies. I know there was a big thing about paying people to get IOS beta's - but Apple put the kibosh on that last I heard.
There are still many sites that let you pay a small amount to get your UDID registered, which is required to install iOS beta releases. These sites are still around, so Apple has apparently stopped trying to take them down.

There are still many sites that let you pay a small amount to get your UDID registered, which is required to install iOS beta releases. These sites are still around, so Apple has apparently stopped trying to take them down.
I didn't say that they took them down... but once they find who is doing it - they can't participate anymore and they can no longer do that. Some people will still take the chance for the quick buck - but welcome to society.

Yosemite's Safari is outstanding! It's now worth me syncing Safari on my iPhone.

My finder is sluggish.

I don't like that Safari won't let us view an RSS feed without requiring us to either subscribe to it or open up Yosemite's RSS notifier app. That really sucks. I just wanted to see what a feed looked like, if it was worth adding or not.

One of the things I don't like about the new Safari is the way it's loading bookmarks in the location bar. I feel it should be able to support folder hierarchy, how I've previously had my bookmarks organized. But being as it's set up, I've had to place all my bookmarks into just the "Favorites" location, without any organization. It's nice having them all appear when I click on the location bar, I just wish I could have kept my old arrangement.

I was debating on signing up or not... but my Mac is my main system now and I can't take a chance on it getting borked beyond use for any length of time. I have a Surface Pro 2, but it's a little small to do what I do with the Mac on it.

I'm going to clone onto an external drive and use that

I don't know why there are such frequent OS X updates, Mavericks looks and works fine. Where's the real innovation at Apple? Television? New gadgets / toys?

I don't know why there are such frequent OS X updates, Mavericks looks and works fine. Where's the real innovation at Apple? Television? New gadgets / toys?
Because why not? Sure Mavericks works fine, but so does Windows 1.01. You can always improve software, so why stop?

Because why not? Sure Mavericks works fine, but so does Windows 1.01. You can always improve software, so why stop?
What's the time between releases now? It seems to me once I installed the latest they're already beta testing the next one. First, people don't like (too much) change, second, maybe if it isn't broken don't try to fix it.

My more important point is innovation, thinking of new ways to improve the OS can be fine be what about new products? Things have certainly changed since Jobs.

BTW don't get me wrong, my late 2013 iMac 27 turned out to be a great upgrade.

Last edited:
Well, as we know from recent years, we don't see new innovative hardware at WWDC. Admittedly we haven't seen new innovative hardware from Apple at all for some time. But if there is going to be some innovation this year, it's likely to be in September/October. Announced alongside the next iPhone.

From the rumours we've been hearing Apple may announce an iWatch this year, larger iPhones (up to 5"), and possibly an Apple smart TV. But, rumours aside, if it's going to happen, there's a few months wait yet.

From the rumours we've been hearing Apple may announce an iWatch this year, larger iPhones (up to 5"), and possibly an Apple smart TV. But, rumours aside, if it's going to happen, there's a few months wait yet.

Don't really care about the iWatch (my Luminox does just fine for me - finally had to buy a new one after 12 years the tritium was getting dim). The larger iPhone WILL be purchased - as soon as they do the "new and improved" "s" model of it. No more first run's for me.

Top Bottom