OS X Yosemite Public Beta

The account setup page reminds me of Windows 8 a lil bit. Gives you the option of letting you login under your icloud account.
Yes, this was borrowed directly from Win8 and is a nice addition. Because you log in with your iCloud account, it should also (in theory) automatically set up iCloud Keychain, your Mail accounts, etc. This didn't do that in DP1, but it might work like that by the final release.

I got it running inside my VMWare fusion now but it's buggy. I gotta figure out another way to install VMWare Tools. I know there's a direct link to their files somewhere I found it last week, didn't save it. Will try tomorrow.

For those of you with the beta hook us up with screenshots please!
Requesting that they violate their NDA? (of course, if it was displayed at the conference then it's valid to post).

Is the pre-release software I am installing confidential?
Yes, the pre-release software is Apple confidential information. For example, don’t install the pre-release Apple software on any systems you don't directly control or that you share with others, don’t blog, post screen shots, tweet or publicly post information about the pre-release Apple software, and don't discuss the pre-release Apple software with or demonstrate it to others who are not in the OS X Beta Program. For clarity, if Apple has publicly disclosed technical information about the pre-release software then it is no longer considered confidential.

Yes, technically you aren't supposed to be posting screenshots and talking about features. But almost every major tech site does, so I don't think Apple cares too much. It's going to happen even more so when the AppleSeed beta testers get access to Yosemite.

Yes, technically you aren't supposed to be posting screenshots and talking about features. But almost every major tech site does, so I don't think Apple cares too much. It's going to happen even more so when the AppleSeed beta testers get access to Yosemite.
Yeah, but I'm one of those old fashioned people. I believe when you sign an agreement to not do something you don't do it. ;)
It's not so much that Apple doesn't care - but it shows me that the person has a habit of
A) Not reading agreements
B) Reading the agreements and not abiding by them

*reaches into bag of funks to give, comes up empty*
Guess you are indicating that you don't abide by agreements you sign?

Guess honesty and standing by your word is a thing of the past. In my day, your word was your bond... now it seems like a persons word is given just to be broken. Says a LOT about society.

Personally my ethics are a little higher than that.

It just means your assumptions are stupid.
What assumption?
Fact: You sign up for the BETA you agree to an NDA (and I'm sure the developers version has similar language in it)
Fact: You asked for folks to post information that may be in violation of said NDA (which if you haver the DV - which apparently you do as you stated you had it running in your VMWare fusion and I don't think the BETA has hit yet - you agreed to)
Fact: If you sign an agreement, you are supposed to honor said agreement
Fact: Failure to honor an NDA is ethically challenged (in most cases - I can see an occasion where it wouldn't be)

Four irrefutable facts - not assumptions.

And your assuming I'm using an illegal copy, instead of someone elses etc. :whistle:
Doesn't that make it an illicit copy?
Of course, I don't have a DV account so I am not sure if you can give other people copies. I know there was a big thing about paying people to get IOS beta's - but Apple put the kibosh on that last I heard.

This reminds me of videogames, music and movies. When your friend hooks you up with a copy of something they bought it's sharing. When other people stick their nosey self into your business they call it stealing. Lol smh

Top Bottom