OS X Yosemite Public Beta

I am curious if any OS X beta testers are going to actually write any feedback for functionality improvements about the new OS X?

Much improvement over the first version of the beta.
They already release a BETA 2? I dropped the original BETA after I was having upload problems with Chrome/Firefox to any XenForo site (pretty much the only sites I participate in).

I'm surprised Safari took all my Chrome bookmarks and imported. Cool. It didn't do that for me before in Mavericks.

I'm surprised Safari took all my Chrome bookmarks and imported. Cool. It didn't do that for me before in Mavericks.
Barfari did the same for me... but I really dislike it and use either Chrome or FF.
From reading, I didn't see anything about updates for the Mac Mini problem that I was having in BETA 2. If I had another Mini, I'd probably install it on that, but I use mine for the majority of my work now.

Barfari did the same for me... but I really dislike it and use either Chrome or FF.
From reading, I didn't see anything about updates for the Mac Mini problem that I was having in BETA 2. If I had another Mini, I'd probably install it on that, but I use mine for the majority of my work now.
I can't hate. The Yosemite Safari brought back a feature I loved in Firefox that Firefox got rid of. RSS Subscription.

---

For anyone who is using iOS 8 Beta, do RSS Subscriptions from the new Safari transfer over to iOS?

I just checked and it does not carry over to iOS 7. The Safari on my iPhone 5s is linked to my Safari on my Macbook Pro. They are synced cause changes I make to bookmarks on my phone shows up on my macbook and visa versa.

Okay I just discovered that RSS Subscriptions are stored in the cloud because I had completely wiped out my harddrive and reinstalled Mavericks when I had issues with the first yosemite beta. That was a couple weeks ago. After I upgraded to Yosemite Public Beta last week I noticed that my RSS subcriptions didn't come back. They were gone, not in the subscriptions settings at all either.

This is what I observed after playing around with Safari for a couple hours. I didn't check back until now and I now see that all the RSS Subscriptions are back. So I guess they took awhile to download from the cloud. Which is weird cause I only have like 7 subscriptions.

I have not activated iCloud Drive yet. Not sure I want to. I use Google Drive more often cause that's 15GB free. iCloud Drive is only 5GB and most of that space is for my iPhone 5s backup. 5GB is nothing this day and age. Apple needs to step it up cause Google offers 50GB free Google Drive space to some Moto X and HTC One customers.

Moto X: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto-X-users-will-get-an-extra-50GB-free-Google-Drive-storage_id45968
Moto G: https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96414/p/30,6720,9050
HTC One M8, HTC Desire 816, HTC Desire 610 and HTC One Max
https://support.google.com/drive/answer/3333549?hl=en

Inference of "improvement over first version" indicates that a BETA 2 has been released...
It's actually (from what I saw) called OS X 10.10 Update 1.0, and is actually a BETA 2 seeded to developers.
Are you saying this Public Beta is the Beta 2?

I think it's beta 1. My imac is incredibly slower after upgrading to Yosemite. Sparrow and airmail don't work with the same speed when they were on maverick.

http://www.zdnet.com/os-x-10-10-update-1-0-a-k-a-yosemite-beta-2-seeded-7000030652/
Looks like they are talking about the DEV BETA instead of the Public.
I don't think the Public BETA is up to v2 yet. As I said, since it doesn't work for me on the Mini, I won't be using it till it's gold.
Whatever version they're talking about is outdated compared to the Public Beta. The Public Beta has both Dark Mode options and Photo Booth, both are which not in that version you posted.

Okay i'll bite as much as I hate everything apple this looks quite good. Could this be installed on a normal old laptop? I know Zero about Apple OS's.

Top Bottom