OS X Yosemite Public Beta

I've held off installing the developer previews so far as there were some incompatibilities in the first couple of releases. Are there still issues in the public beta, or is it pretty stable now when using 3rd party apps?

Oh wow @ the new QuickTime Player improvements! Shows mouse clicks and even lets you choose which microphone to use when creating a screen recording. :eek:

Oh wow @ the new QuickTime Player improvements! Shows mouse clicks and even lets you choose which microphone to use when creating a screen recording. :eek:
wait....they re-added features to quicktime? After they dumbed it down beyond belief a few OS versions ago?!

i'm glad they brought itunes sidebar back

Loving the new improvements to safari brought by version 2 of the public beta

I've held off installing the developer previews so far as there were some incompatibilities in the first couple of releases. Are there still issues in the public beta, or is it pretty stable now when using 3rd party apps?
I would like to know this.

A list of my apps that work fine so far. I need to redownload some like iMovie for example.

Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 11.53.46 AM.webp

Oh yeah they removed microsoft silverlight in the update, I had to redownload it and install it, but it still didn't work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. :confused:

Wow I'm missing alot of apps. I must've deleted a bunch when I was cleaning up. I'm missing alot I need like Final Cut Pro.

wait....they re-added features to quicktime? After they dumbed it down beyond belief a few OS versions ago?!

It would be nice if they added a fullscreen view when viewing quicktime videos through a web browser. Especially if they insist on uploading all the keynotes in quicktime format, forcing us to watch them in a little box in the middle of the window. What video player in this day and age doesn't have a maximise button?

It would be nice if they added a fullscreen view when viewing quicktime videos through a web browser. Especially if they insist on uploading all the keynotes in quicktime format, forcing us to watch them in a little box in the middle of the window. What video player in this day and age doesn't have a maximise button?
Ah the way around that on the WWDC feed was to view source and copy the source URL into VLC player :)

Oh nice! Will try that for the announcement on Sept 9th, thanks for the tip! :) It's been bugging me for the last couple of events I've streamed

Fellow Yosemite people. I assume we're all experiencing this in Chrome?

upload_2014-8-29_19-47-22.webp

The webkit search icon is missing.

It's fine in Safari:

upload_2014-8-29_20-4-11.webp

I know it's very much a browser behaviour hence why it's not a XF bug or anything like that; but first of all just wanted to see if others were experiencing the same and if so whether anyone knows if it is an actual Chrome bug or a Yosemite bug?

Fellow Yosemite people. I assume we're all experiencing this in Chrome?

View attachment 82206

The webkit search icon is missing.

It's fine in Safari:

View attachment 82207

I know it's very much a browser behaviour hence why it's not a XF bug or anything like that; but first of all just wanted to see if others were experiencing the same and if so whether anyone knows if it is an actual Chrome bug or a Yosemite bug?
Are you on the new 64bit chrome beta by any chance? It's changed how it handles text rendering, and IIRC that icon is part of a font icon.

Tired it the other day, but had to roll back because I could not get Final Cut Pro to work, and it's something I really needed to work. Might try it again over week end now I have two drives in my iMac.

image.webp

Should be able to install it on my old drive and boot between the other of them as needed.

@Chris D, can confirm.. but isn't that just because Safari's default style sheet applies an icon to inputs of the search type, and the others do not?

It looks the same on Chrome as on Firefox to me.

Top Bottom