1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by TheSalt, Dec 23, 2014.

1. TheSalt

TheSalt Active Member

Hello Gang,

I just stared using Media Gallery last weekend and could use a little help. I'm using it as a identification gallery for coral. At this time images will only be upload by myself.

I started by creating categories by coral families and uploading images. Then I realized they will need to be organized a little more carefully. So I created a child and moved an image to it. The category is (LPS Hard Corals) and the child is (Torch Corals). In my head what I'm imaging should happen is when I click on (LPS Hard Corals) I should be seeing the child (Torch Corals) and it's latest image but there is no images shown. I have to click on (Torch Corals) to see an image.

Is there a way to organize sub galleries using categories this way for should I be going about this differently?

Many Thanks,
  2. TheSalt

TheSalt Active Member

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Disable all groups from adding media to the parent category:
    TheSalt likes this.
  4. TheSalt

TheSalt Active Member

Thank you Mike that is 99% better! What I was hoping for is when you click on the parent it would show the child images grouped like albums. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you for your help!
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Theres no option for that unfortunately.
    TheSalt likes this.
  6. TheSalt

TheSalt Active Member

Thanks fellas! Is that something me might see in the future? I know some of the ideas I have are not practical, just wondering.
  7. TheSalt

TheSalt Active Member

Is there a way to keep the parent from being a link so it doesn't open and it is just used for a Category?