Lack of interest Option to allow moderators to view ages hidden by members?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Vay

Hi,

I am an administrator on a roleplaying forum and one of the types of roleplay we cater to is smut. As you can expect we run into a lot of trouble with members lying to moderators about their ages in older to avoid punishment and the moderators have to ask an administrator to check the user's age in the edit user page if they have it hidden.

I don't want to take away the member's ability to hide their ages (and there doesn't seem to be a way to at present either) so my suggestion is simple:

In the usergroup permissions either make 'bypass member privacy' fort for profile information too or add in an option to for 'can view hidden ages'.

This would make life a lot easier for me and my stressed out mods.

Thanks!
- Vay

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
...As you can expect we run into a lot of trouble with members lying to moderators about their ages in older to avoid punishment and the moderators have to ask an administrator to check the user's age in the edit user page if they have it hidden.

I don't want to take away the member's ability to hide their ages (and there doesn't seem to be a way to at present either) so my suggestion is simple:...

I don't get it.
They are smart enough to lie to the moderators but not smart enough to lie about their age when they join the forum?

I don't get it.
They are smart enough to lie to the moderators but not smart enough to lie about their age when they join the forum?

A lot of the time they only get the idea to try and circumvent the age restrictions after the register. We have separate sub-forums for over 18s and under 18s in the mature section and members have to request to be allowed into either. Though sometimes we have smut outside the mature sections which we turn a blind eye to if it's appropriately flagged and only a single scene. It's when it's not a single scene and we have to check the ages of members to see if they can be allowed into the same group and have their threads moved into the right sub-forum that they often lie.

Or like the instance we just had where three adults where trying to turn a thread into smut when one of the other players is 14. If we don't react to these quickly we can get into legal trouble.

If you're relying on the word of the member to determine age, you're already on the path to legal trouble.

Smut is just so irritating to deal with, we never allowed it on our site, solved all problems associated with it, if you want to do that kind of stuff, there are lot of better sites out there for that.

Top Bottom