Open Attached Images in a Lightbox

Really cool stuff, nice work again
cool.png

There is one more feature needed.

Please add an admin option to display the item in a max-height, but have an "expand" or "view full size" option.

I noticed you guys have one now here on this site. It's one I haven't seen before, so I'm assuming it's your own.

I have a suggestion, perhaps a little jquery animation to show the lightbox resize to the image in it. It seems really weird when your looking at large images, then it jumps to a small one, the height isn't maintained causing the arrows to move. At first glance I thought it broke because the forward and back arrows disappeared, but it was just because the height changed and my pointer was no longer hovered over it.

Change of height happens so fast, it is not obvious.

If you view the images in this thread, you can see how it jumps(shrinks) when you get to the donation image(through gallery view).

So far though, it looks great. Looking forward to this, user's are going to be pleased...

It's turning out better than I imagined. Personally I didn't care for the idea of it too much, but after seeing this I WANT IT! :P

Seriously though, it is pretty sweet. I noticed that it picks up signature images though. That wasn't intentional right?

Okay
smile.png
, here's my feedback on the newly implemented lightbox (see: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/lightbox-test.9596/):

• Can somebody explain to me why it is needed/handy to display all the images of the whole thread into the lightbox at once? In a real-life situation/the way I use forums I do not want to be confronted with all the images from the entire thread. Why? Because for me the context will be lost then. When people post images in their posting, they add explanatory/introducational text to it: this is the context. When I see the lightbox giving me all the images in the whole thread, I don`t have a clue what I am looking at.

See the examples here: http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/

Imagine that one of the 'Single Image' is an image posted in 1 single particular posting in a thread. I want to be able to click on that and that the lightbox presents me that image (and that image only) on it's own. Imagine the 'Image set' in that example to be 4 images in 1 single particular posting. I want to be able to click on one of those images and that the lightbox presents me that images and all other 3 in that posting (and only that posting, because this is where my focus and context is!) I understand others have different needs, but I can not think of any situation where I (on my platform) need to see all the images of the entire thread presented to me. In fact, when I come accross a site that has a highslide or whatever that presents me with all the images from 1 entire page/thread I find it really confusing to be honest.
    I believe such functionality will work great in a Gallery-environment (where the focus is on the images instead of the text), but this is forumsoftware (where the focus is on the text or a combination of the text and the images, most of the time). I hope maybe an ACP option can be provided for those people who want to show only the current images per post inside the XF Lightbox. That (at least for me) would make it really useful
    cool.png
    -
  • I am not quite liking the transparency level of the black background of the XF lightbox. Just take a small attachment/picture and then view it from the lightbox. It looks rather messy to me and is not really that beneficial for a pleasurable viewing experience.

Example is this: go to the 1st posting in http://xenforo.com/community/threads/lightbox-test.9596/ and then view the photo with the phone booth in it. You will see that the background image which is 'shining' through the transparency distracts way to much from the photo in the forefront. The photo should get the emphasizes, but my eyes are trying to make out what is shown in the background. Not good.
    -
  • (more to come...)
(I understand this is just the first version of the lightbox and improvements will be coming. Great we have this now in XenForo!)

Top Bottom