Open Attached Images in a Lightbox

Xarcell, I've merged your thread with this suggestion thread so all discussion remains in one place.
We already have feedback posted on both threads so it will be easier to track it this way.

It's turning out better than I imagined. Personally I didn't care for the idea of it too much, but after seeing this I WANT IT! :p

Seriously though, it is pretty sweet. I noticed that it picks up signature images though. That wasn't intentional right?

Picking up signatures wasn't intentional. It'll be rectified soon once Kier or Mike iron out the little issues.

- Eliminate scanline (it distracts from the primary image).
- Don't overlay the back arrow on the navigation previews (centralise the navigation container) keeping the back arrow free from obstructive imagery and easily viewable.
- White border around primary photo to add more prominence. (add border- radius) Perhaps.
- eliminate opacity, full focus should be on the lightbox.
- when scrolling through navigation imagery, add a transition effect, perhaps enlarge the focused image slightly or lower the opacity of the other images in the navigation lightbox menu.
- In lightbox navigation menu as well as a previous/next add in start/end functionality for people posting lots of images (2 extra icons needed as shown in screenshot).
- After thinking more about the navigation icons on (primary navigation). Rather than having them on each side (where i feel it distracts) As chances are most people will have their mouse on this area, have it directly (centred) under the primary photograph. I feel a image (navigation icon would look nice) and really set it off whilst being practical.

awesome!!!!!!!!!!

My personal option, I like the lines for background.

I do agree that I think it would look better if the image had a white border with a slight border-radius.
I like the arrows on the sides(like shellys).
Just for comestic's, I'd like to see a highlight on mouseover for the buttons(maybe blue?).
I like the white border around the avatar, instead of blue.

Kudos to Mike & Kier though. It really helps seperate xF from other software. I imagine that alot of vB photography sites will be making the switch to xF because of this. And there are alot of vB photography sites, lol...

1) Eliminate scanline (it distracts from the primary image).
2) Don't overlay the back arrow on the navigation previews (centralise the navigation container) keeping the back arrow free from obstructive imagery and easily viewable.
3) White border around primary photo to add more prominence. (add border- radius) Perhaps.
4) eliminate opacity, full focus should be on the lightbox.
5) when scrolling through navigation imagery, add a transition effect, perhaps enlarge the focused image slightly or lower the opacity of the other images in the navigation lightbox menu.
6) In lightbox navigation menu as well as a previous/next add in start/end functionality for people posting lots of images (2 extra icons needed as shown in screenshot).
7) After thinking more about the navigation icons on (primary navigation). Rather than having them on each side (where i feel it distracts) As chances are most people will have their mouse on this area, have it directly (centred) under the primary photograph. I feel a image (navigation icon would look nice) and really set it off whilst being practical.
1) I agree, to make the image stand out more, just black or something like 90% opacity.
2) Some kind of pagination could also be considered, because it gives the viewer a clear idea of how many images there actually are and it's fast and easy to understand and use. Arrows do nothing but duplicate the arrows shown on the sides of the large picture. In fact there shouldn't be more than two arrows on the screen (KISS principle).
3) I disagree with this one. I actually think it looks cleaner if you have just the large image against a dark background.
4) Somewhat agree, although just a little transparency gives it that extra edge and coolness, and it will not cause much or any distraction.
5) A thick white round border like you suggested for the large image might be a good solution here, although other solutions might work just as well.
6) Not a bad idea, but I think having pagination somewhere with the thumb navigation would make that unnecessary and prevent having all those extra icons on the screen.
7) Hm I think the way it is now is actually ok, there's already the thumbs below the large image so adding even more navigation there is probably not the best way to go.

If you click on a image that ask 'Click this image to show the full-size version.' <- Thats a mouth full.... It seems to overlay and not render itself to default state once you activate lightbox.

It might be a little overzealous in the images it picks up at present ;)
Is it supposed to pickup photos you add to one particular post or multiple images across you've added to the thread / all threads?

Latter seems a bit overkill. But you said it was a little buggy, so I don't know if its intened or not.

Eitherway, pretty cool :)

Is it supposed to pickup photos you add to one particular post or multiple images across you've added to the thread / all threads?

Latter seems a bit overkill. But you said it was a little buggy, so I don't know if its intened or not.

Eitherway, pretty cool:)

I wouldn't imagine that "picking up all images in a thread" would be what was meant but rather one of the issues that still need to be resolved.

I hope I wasn't the only one frantically clicking away at that image thinking "this lightbox doesn't appear to work".

That was before I went to the first post in the thread and saw how it actually works!

d'oh.
It's intended to pick up all image attachments and hot-linked [ IMG ] tags on the current page, which it does. However, it also picks up images in signatures at present, which was not intended, and will need some minor tweaks to the signature BB code parser to resolve.

Is it supposed to pick up/show smilies?
Is it supposed to show all images in the thread, or just the images that a particular posted?

IMO, each lightbox should only show images/pictures from one particular post. If you have five users posting five pictures, you may be looking at image 7 and thinking it was from the person who first added pictures.

It's intended to pick up all image attachments and hot-linked [ IMG ] tags on the current page, which it does. However, it also picks up images in signatures at present, which was not intended, and will need some minor tweaks to the signature BB code parser to resolve.

I'd suggest that it really only ought to pickup the images in the same post. Otherwise you could end up with images you didn't want in there. At least if it runs off just the post it appears in, then you can control which images get shown in it.

Example:

Its a 'Post your car pictures' thread, every post is a lightbox and you have two cars. You make two posts, one per car, but it then picks up both sets of images from both posts and displays two lightboxes both with the same content.

Sorry Kier, IMO, it really needs to run off just the images in the current post.

It will be interesting. I'm not sure if the lightbox is picking up every attachment in the thread, or every attachment on the page, but we do have threads with well over 1000 pictures. Some are inline, some are hosted elsewhere, but there are many that are attachments only.

very nice
smile.png

Top Bottom