Implemented Online Status Indicator / move outside of Avatar-image

Status
Not open for further replies.

erich37

The position of the "green dot" inside the Avatar is not great, as it destroys the appearance of the Avatar-image.
Depending on the Avatar-image, the "Online Status Indicator" is also hardly visible.

The "Online Status Indicator" should be positioned somewhere outside of the Avatar-image.

onlinenow.webp

Upvote 24
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Pulls up chair and pops some popcorn.

705598.gif

It seems fairly inconsequential but I have to wonder why an online dot would appear over a background which is constantly changing color which means sometimes it's easy to see and sometimes not. I think every single forum owner will run into an issue of the dot not showing for someone because of the background color. Hard to believe the core would have something that will affect every single forum owner or it's users in a negative way. If I don't know css I have to search this thread to see what to put in extra css or probably search the resources for a solution. It doesn't seem to follow the Xenforo trend IMO.

It seems fairly inconsequential but I have to wonder why an online dot would appear over a background which is constantly changing color which means sometimes it's easy to see and sometimes not. I think every single forum owner will run into an issue of the dot not showing for someone because of the background color. Hard to believe the core would have something that will affect every single forum owner or it's users in a negative way. If I don't know css I have to search this thread to see what to put in extra css or probably search the resources for a solution. It doesn't seem to follow the Xenforo trend IMO.

I have just come up with an idea that would correct this.

http://xenforo.com/community/members/sheldon.8303/#profile-post-19176

Innovative. New. Exciting.

Boom, xF 3.0

Only if they have no life. . .

But most people don't have a life. If they had a life, why would they be a member of a forum?

Also, I wish I had published my avatar-icon idea earlier... Now everyone read my mind and took the idea.

(Obviously they didn't, but :()

I'm still going to do what I suggested years ago, no matter what the default is - the top right corner of the avatar holder, no border radius, no box shadow.

upload_2014-8-2_23-20-26.webp

You got that right.

Yesterday you insulted the developers of this software.

Today you're insinuating that every forum member anywhere has no life.

Good work (y)

Today, not online, I knocked down two glass plates from a light shade that smashed on the kitchen floor and I just pulled a small glass fragment from the skin on my foot...

I'm sure there's something not quite right with me recently...

Your using copyrighted material Liam. *Files a report* View attachment 79479

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom