Oh Kier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Xen developers deserve holidays. I'm wondering when were their last ones.

Heres the door.

plain_mahogany.jpg

Get out.

jk :)

Personally I hope they are having a break... They certainly deserve one. Have seriously never run a piece of software so smoothly, including versions of vbulletin previously developed by them... Their hard work really shows

I really think that someone from Xenforo ( Mike, Ashley or Kier ) should at least let everyone know why he hasn't been on the site since February 13th 2012. It really looks bad to someone new coming to the site seeing a thread that one of key developers hasn't been on the site in over a month. Kier has always been very active and to see him not post in over a month is concerning to me. There might be other that feel the same way. JMO

I think it is none of our business if Kier is taking some time out from posting on the forums.

Having said that I do of course miss him like billyO and wish he was back here having fun, but if he can't be for whatever reason, then I for one send him love and best wishes. (and a great big "Wish you were here" xxx)

I hope Kier is just enjoying a well deserved vacation and some time off after a furious pace of development here at XF.

Given that I waited almost 3 years for any (serious) updates or information from vBulletin (which I still have not received, I am only counting until when I migrated to XF), I am inclined to not be worried about not seeing Kier for a bit. Not to point out the obvious, but things have still been moving along, with the roll out and updates of the Resource Manager.

Sure, I'd like to hear that he is around, but I see not much to be worried about at the moment. Should something significant happen, I would think we would hear an announcement. I don't expect Kier to have to synchronize our calendars. If he is having a holiday, or attending to something, I am still pleased as punch about this great software. If we hear nothing in a month or so, then I might be curious.

I think one of the things that make the matter more nerve-wracking for some is because of the legal entanglements...

Otherwise, I would have no concern at all. ;)

As always, best wishes to Kier and the entire XenForo team! If it were a vacation it is long overdue!

I'd really appreciate a post from someone (Mike, Ashley?) to put our minds at rest and end this speculation. His member account shows he has not even logged in here for a month, apparently. We miss him and we're worried. If he's taking a break why not just say this? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom