Oh Kier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absence of proof is not proof of absence....jussayin.

I've heard that saying from a documentary. From those planet hunters I believe when an english scientist claimed that he found the first planet outside of our solar system which orbited a neutron star. Suffice to say that all ended badly when he realized at the last minute the wobbling effect he was looking at was the earths wobble he never compensated for. Another scientist went on to gloat about it and mentioned what you just said. Some useless info for those suffering from insomnia. (y)

Absence of proof is not proof of absence....jussayin.

When something nobody can prove exists is responsible for so much evil, intolerance and downright idiocy in the world, maybe we'd better work on proving it does exist before we do any more harm in its name.

When something nobody can prove exists is responsible for so much evil, intolerance and downright idiocy in the world, maybe we'd better work on proving it does exist before we do any more harm in its name.
Well if god doesn't exist as you say...then would it not be the peoples fault?

They did these acts you speak of...in the name of something they don't really understand not the god they are worshiping.

As a matter of fact, god is not law it is a belief, so if people allow something to control them to the point that they hurt other people because of it but they do it willingly , they the people are responsible not god. This is besides the fact of whether he/she/it exists or not.

I am not one...but....telling a peaceful person who believes in a god that one doesn't exist is essentially telling them their life is nothing if you think about it. At the same time I have seen someone beat a deathbed for 8 years because they believed in god...that makes him real to me...even if he is not.

Either way...if you believe in a god and you harm another of his creations you don't deserve your life anyway and your faith means nothing because it has no foundation..

Allow me to reiterate that faith (it does not have to be religious ) IS a good thing...people just need to realize your faith is not more important to me than my life which may or may not have it's own faith and guiding light. People who believe in god yet harm other people should not be included in this argument because no religious protection shields you from harming another person. Besides if you were from where I am from you would have proof everyday that any faith in anything is better than none for nothing. I have lived many different lives...the only group of people in my past personally that never harmed anyone are religious people....in fact my cousin is gay and goes to a catholic church and no one treats him any different than they did before they knew.

Moral of the story...people are the problem, not god...unless you can show me who god killed, pics or it didn't happen of course. ;-)

Please keep the religious comments out of the thread or it may be closed, as per the forum rules:
Highly charged topics (such as religion and politics) may be closed.

In fact, the thread author has requested it to be closed, and as everyone has had their say and Mike has posted, I think it's more or less reached the end of its life anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom