Oh boy... Talk with a Pirater...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxel

Guests in my chatroom are given a random name [8wayrun_####]
[02:31:00] [8wayrun_8546] joined the channel.
[02:31:10] <[8wayrun_8546]> what the ???
[02:31:14] <Jaxel> ?
[02:31:27] <[8wayrun_8546]> it`s amazing
[02:31:31] <Jaxel> you know it
[02:31:38] <[8wayrun_8546]> hi
[02:31:49] <Jaxel> hi
[02:32:06] <Jaxel> change your nick please, /nick <nick>
[02:32:10] <[8wayrun_8546]> what are you ?
[02:32:18] <Jaxel> I am a meat popsicle
[02:32:44] <[8wayrun_8546]> :D
[02:33:06] <[8wayrun_8546]> nice work meat :D
[02:33:37] <[8wayrun_8546]> where are you from ??
[02:33:41] <Jaxel> NJ
[02:33:53] <Jaxel> http://xenforo.com/community/members/jaxel.1295/
[02:33:54] <[8wayrun_8546]> i am fron EG
[02:34:16] <Jaxel> good for you
[02:34:51] <[8wayrun_8546]> lol
[02:35:42] <[8wayrun_8546]> can some one make a calender in xenfor ?
[02:36:11] <Jaxel> already did
[02:36:19] <Jaxel> http://www.8wayrun.com/events/monthly
[02:36:35] <Jaxel> link to the mod in the copyright footer
[02:37:24] <Jaxel> http://www.8wayrun.com/events/weekly
[02:37:26] <[8wayrun_8546]> but i don`t have a membership in xenforo site ?
[02:37:27] <Jaxel> there is also a weekly version
[02:37:46] <Jaxel> then stop talking to me? I don't condone piracy of XenForo
[02:38:00] <[8wayrun_8546]> :(
[02:38:07] <[8wayrun_8546]> ok thanks
[02:38:30] <Jaxel> its only $140
[02:38:39] <Jaxel> its worth spending the money for your community
[02:38:57] <Jaxel> set up a "premium membership" option, you will get the $140 back in notime
[02:39:23] <[8wayrun_8546]> i don`t have members in my forum :(
[02:40:24] <[8wayrun_8546]> i am leaving
[02:40:38] <[8wayrun_8546]> nice to taik to you
[02:41:31] <[8wayrun_8546]> <snip>
[02:42:17] <Jaxel> 8546, that is a PIRACY website
[02:42:32] <Jaxel> they distribute XenForo and XenForo mods illegaly
[02:42:43] <[8wayrun_8546]> i know :p
[02:43:00] <[8wayrun_8546]> i want mods for free
[02:43:27] <Jaxel> 8546, all my mods are free
[02:43:43] <Jaxel> but if you're going to use them, please consider clicking the donate button at the top of the thread
[02:44:13] <Jaxel> also consider paying for XenForo itself, so you dont have to rely on piracy websites that potentially release outdated and nulled versions of modifications
[02:45:42] <Jaxel> also be warned, that is very easy to see if a forum is pirated and if someone reports you (someone will), your host will shut you down
[02:46:25] <[8wayrun_8546]> :(
[02:46:30] <[8wayrun_8546]> i know
[02:46:46] <[8wayrun_8546]> but i don`t have money to pay for it
[02:47:17] <Jaxel> then you can't run a forum
[02:47:31] <Jaxel> it costs money to run a forum... even if you pirate the software... there are still server costs
[02:47:52] <[8wayrun_8546]> i pay it but i can`t pay more
[02:47:53] <Jaxel> its not like you're cheating some big corporation and they dont need more money
[02:48:14] <Jaxel> this kind of software is created through hard work of individuals, and they need the income (including myself)
[02:48:46] <MammothMan> Hence why we donate 20 bucks for a yearly premium membership here at 8wr.
[02:49:26] <MammothMan> Because Jaxel is awesome and puts in so much effort into this site, that and he's a whore and we pay him for his whorely duties.
[02:49:40] <[8wayrun_8546]> i am waiting for the nulled gold edition of xenforo
[02:50:41] <Jaxel> if you insist... please leave this channel, I have nothing further to talk about with you.
[02:50:55] <[8wayrun_8546]> ok
[02:50:58] <[8wayrun_8546]> bye
[02:51:01] [8wayrun_8546] has quit (Client exited).
Important to note... he brought up this website... <snip>

I actually found that a couple of days ago, reported it to XF in private (not to give them any more attention than they need... which is none).
Wow just about everything released here, free or paid, is there.
Yeah. I mean, sure some of us here provide our add-ons for free, but for XenForo customers only. We simply ask for donations so we can buy food and well... be able to continue working and making kick-ass add-ons for the customers, but we're not requiring payment. Heck, even $5 pays for a small snack and drink combo. :p

This sort of think is like a slap in the face. All they have to do is pay $140 and get all that stuff for free anyway. I can't imagine Kier or Mike feeling too great about it either.

Hope the xf guys can take action against this place. Seem to remember Kier saying once that xf doesnt call home or do anything like that so gotta laugh when you see these sorts of people releasing files with a big NULLED in the file name. Wonder what it is they think they are nulling lol

Additionally you can complain at Paypal about his Donate button. It will hurt those rats much more if Paypal freezes their account (and they will do so if they get enough complaints about the site).

I have reported these guys a while ago to XF, Suppose the only comfort is that they recently added vbdownload
Probably should squash this thread so XF does not offer free publicity. But hey.. Its not my call

Unfortunately its people like this that make me consider encoding my soon to be released addons, sure, some people can decrypt them... but it wouldn't be worth the effort.

I will never hate on someone for trying to learn...that is how I got here..and that is why xF has another customer in me...however...I would like to know what this domain name is so I can see if any of my content is there...if it is...I will be taking action as I PICK WHERE I WANT MY FRIGGIN WORDS TO BE. I DO NOT WORK FOR THE MEDIA SO MY INFO IS MINE AND NOT PUBLIC FOR DISTRO. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO DISPLAY MY POSTS FROM HERE ARE XF AS AN ENTITY AND SINCE MODS ARE IN MEMBERS ONLY SECTIONS THE PEOPLE COPYING ARE SCUM AND VIOLATING. IT IS NOT ABOUT MONEY AT ALL...I DO NOT CHARGE ANYONE FOR ANYTHING EVER PERIOD..I MAKE FREE CHOICES AND THOSE ARE BEING INFRINGED UPON SO SOMEONE ELSE CAN BUILD A SITE WITH MY (and yours) CONTENT.

Someone PM me this domain so I can take care of this. (If I can do something about it I definitely will)

It's a sad fact of life. I, personally, learned long ago I have better things to do with my time than chase after every 15 year old (no offense to 15 year olds lol) asshat thief, I'd never get anything done...so I don't bother anymore ;)

Someone's obviously running around downloading every add-on that's released for their site. If only Kier/Mike could track any add-ons that are downloaded and try and figure out who it is... Surely nobody legitimate on this site has a use for every add-on that's released?

True but I wouldn't want Mike and Kier wasting their time on this when simply put a group of people with similar interests (anyone who want's their post's to remain here only) can simply talk to the hosting provider for the site and let them know they have X days before this goes public that they allow this kind of chit on their servers. If they care about their hosting business it will get taken down. If it doesn't, we have X amount of witnesses with claims to published postings that this person is making routine practice of and there IS legal channels to getting that taken down. If face book can cawkblock on the words face and book you can definitely keep people from copying your work without citing you.

I myself download anything that looks promising to test on my server so as to be able to have an opinion on it and to review it as I do with everything I touch. It then get's archived forever password protected with it's own dossier on my storage system which gets powered on once a week. I don't lose files...I sometimes just can't find them quickly. Now I haven't download ALL of the mods obviously but the idea of someone deciding on whether or not I'm committing a CRIME..(which stealing intelligent posting is) based on what I have viewed and downloaded is a bit of a scary precedent. Technically all xenforo can do about these people is say your quoting us stop or we report. You as a person who would make a mod that they steal would be responsible for chasing down the people who use your work without permission and (I think) xf would have no grounds to do anything to the people/person responsible for taking your work other than the obvious copying of posts.

A note... if you really want to stop the problem at the source...you need to find the person and their ip and trace it back to their isp..then call their abuse department and let them know that if they do not proceed to stop the person...you will disclose your proof to your local agency (FBI where I am) and let them know that X ISP is helping directly to allow someone to use their home internet connection to facilitate them committing direct theft of intellectual data and media. Any MAJOR isp WILL have a response for you...I have been here before with this. Stand your ground and they will give you a suitable answer. They will win in court against claims from you...but from a public relations standpoint, ISP's cannot afford to look like they help steal from the average guy, and they know this.....

@EQnoble, you do realize these people are typically on offshore hosts that could care less about copyright laws don't you?

Heh, my style and addon on there were literally posted within an hour of me putting them up on here.

@EQnoble, you do realize these people are typically on offshore hosts that could care less about copyright laws don't you?

One guy posting on that site is 30 mins drive from my house. If he posts any of my stuff up there he will be getting a visit in person...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom