Occupy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
We clearly didn't go to war over 4.5% of our oil supply. Need more proof? The political situation in Mexico with the cartel violence is far more damaging to the US. It would cost far less the mobilize our military. We could indeed make airstrikes from any base in the US, even as far away as Loring AFB, ME. And it secures far more oil.

Besides that, does it make sense that the US would invade an oil rich country, help rebuild it, install a new government AND THEN LEAVE, if it was all about oil? And we did it three times. Twice in Iraq, once in Kuwait.

To any thinking person, the empirical evidence in irrefutable. The US gained nothing by removing Saddam other than rid the world of a dictator.

Your right the US gained nothing...the video is saying that private companies are making bank off of the monies received to "rebuild"...so yes if your interest is money...and it works...doing it multiple times makes perfect sense and creating a problem to react to and solve is a means to an end in this case.

I'm pretty sure that video makes very little sense.

I think the timeline provided below will enable you to see whom is mostly responsible for the financial crisis .... that would be Republican presidency.
View attachment 20066
At what point will the left ditch the Blame Bush playbook? If they're still blaming a guy who left office almost 3 years ago, it really points out how ineffective their leadership has been since.

Coast Guard member spit on near Occupy Boston tents

Updated: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 10:13 PM EDT

BOSTON (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - The Coast Guard in Boston confirmed that a woman in uniform was harassed and spat upon near Occupy Boston protesters.
The woman was walking to the train and said protesters spit on her twice, called her foul names and even threw a water bottle at her.
Now, the Coast Guard is warning all staff working on Atlantic Avenue to avoid those protesters while in uniform.
A spokesman for Occupy Boston doesn't believe that those male protestors are actually part of the movement.
More than 140 Occupy Boston protesters were arrested earlier this week for refusing to cooperate with police on the Rose Kennedy Greenway.
The peaceful protestors say the violence wasn't supposed to happen. They say a group of anarchists were the ones rebelling and they don't condone it.
When it comes to the spitting accusation, a representative for Occupy Boston wants to be clear that if protestors are responsible for doing something so disrespectful, he'd like to apologize on behalf of Occupy Boston and says its not what they're about.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/occupy-boston-protesters-spit-on-coast-guard-member-20111013#ixzz1al2T7cTP
How is this kind of classy behavior about unrest and discontent? I do the research. I don't fall for it. When an foreign anti-American organization stirs up the anti-American fringe who encourage violence, claim the flag stands for death and spit on US service men and women, its seem they are properly identifying what they stand for.

Your right the US gained nothing...the video is saying that private companies are making bank off of the monies received to "rebuild"...so yes if your interest is money...and it works...doing it multiple times makes perfect sense and creating a problem to react to and solve is a means to an end in this case.
Only in the economic world where it makes sense to spend $10 to make $.05.

Please, go do the research. Find out what the cost of the Iraq was has been. The take a look at the value of the contracts that have been awarded. No find out how few of them have gone to American companies. Then look at what the profit margin is on this contracts, not simply the gross award value.

Then tell me who in their right mind would consider that a workable investment model.

Its like the world has forgotten how to do math. Its really simply to expose the hyperbole and partisan lies. Follow the money, do the math and see if it makes sense.

The private companies don't spend the money....they make money when we spend tax dollars..that's the rub.

I'd say after two more Democrat presidents.
Id say if you burn down your house...and you don't rebuild it , all you have is a pile of rubble. Assuming when a new person comes to office that POOF all the problems are gone is a little mystical for me. :-)

Reactions: Kim
I have no clue who adbusters is....
It's clearly posted who they are by Fred a page back...and the mainstream media has finally started owning up to their role in this 'movement'. That's the thing, people get behind something without really knowing what they are supporting. This is all about class warfare and envy...creating strife to divert attention from the failings of the ruling class. It is all very dangerous and disingenuous to say the least.

I'd say after two more Democrat presidents.
I doubt I'll live to see it. Obama has done Carter-like damage to their party. Based on that trend, I see 12 years of Republicans as President, a two term Dem, 12 years of Repub again and then 8 years of Dem. 40 years before we're AFTER two Dem presidents, starting in 2013. I'll be pushing 90.

It's clearly posted who they are by Fred a page back...and the mainstream media has finally started owning up to their role in this 'movement'. That's the thing, people get behind something without really knowing what they are supporting. This is all about class warfare and envy...creating strife to divert attention from the failings of the ruling class. It is all very dangerous and disingenuous to say the least.
I deal in facts. Others deal in feelings, which is pretty much an alien world to me. I understand who some people feel in a bad economy, but I can't empathize with them and I don't understand how they get duped so easily.

This is what I am saying here...

I have no clue who adbusters is...I do not follow hype or passing fads or ruses (your talking to a guy here that thinks anything with an ism should be removed from govt)...that I still don't know what an adbusters is would be truth enough to attest to that fact. That's what I was getting at...I literally missed it last page and have NEVER heard of it before....and to tell you the truth I believe I am better off not knowing. That would just be more sidetracking now.

Since obviously everyone watches more tv and reads more newpapers than myself...I guess I need to define what I actually am behind

I am an American

I was born free of bond

I love every single red blooded person on earth (even if I don't like them) for the simple fact that one day they may breathe in a breath I once exhaled...I may die and the particles that construct me may break apart and become part of another life.

I respect that which promotes forward movement and disrespect those who impede it.

I listen not to the rhetoric...but watch the actions of a man.

I do not judge, I observe and come to an assessment.

I ignore the random crap that is spewed in the news because most of it is there to SELL a story or guide you into a logic pattern... not inform you properly so you can gain an opinion and make your own choice.

To me the only way my life on this earth matters...is if I am contributing to providing my future family the possibility of a bright future. Since people outside my family can effect them...It is my responsibility to not help inspire stupidity by jumping on the mob mentality bandwagon.

I stand not behind any group but the human group.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS TO ME. I am for the people...period.

No other affiliation matters or ever will to me....every other affiliation after that we pretty much made up....

Call me a simpleton I guess ...but all the problems we have now...we as a species have invented or bestowed upon ourselves.

Id say if you burn down your house...and you don't rebuild it , all you have is a pile of rubble. Assuming when a new person comes to office that POOF all the problems are gone is a little mystical for me. :)

Which is why I am so confused about how 'Bammy was pedestalized prior to winning the elections. In Holland and pretty much all other EU countries, the papers didn't stop praising his enlightment. If I didn't know any better, Jesus reincarnated and would free the world of all the trouble with a single snap in his fingers. The guy got a Nobel Peace Prize for it, for crying out loud (though those became pretty prone to inflation during the last few years).

Everyone drank the coolaid and only a few shook their heads and wondered exactly how these people imagined that He, the anointed one, would do all this stuff he promised. I guess promising to lock Guantanamo sounds like a very noble idea, which it absolutely is. But once He sat His Golden Behind in the chair where the head honcho sits, I guess He suddenly discovered that perhaps a whole bunch of guys sitting in it were dangerous. Very, very dangerous. The kind of dangerous that you somehow cannot help but sleep a bit better knowing they are locked up in a no-way out prison, kind of dangerous.

The healthcare was a second idea. Public healthcare is great, but it also has a tendency to turn into a sinkhole. And if you have to force it onto people who might not want it, something tells me that it somehow is not about healthy people anymore at all.

I still love that there currently is a coloured person sitting in the White House. That proves exactly what the constitution of the US is all about. I just do not like the guy's policies, and most definitly did not let all His speeches lull my sense of reality. Actions speak louder than words.

I still have this feeling that the secretary of treasury has more say in the day to day agenda than the big cheese does...I also believe that he does not fully understand the gravity of that until he becomes president.

I couldn't care less about race. I'm leaning toward Cain right now, not because of his race, but because his 9-9-9 plan best resembles my own posts on the topic from several months ago. The current tax code has to go.

We clearly didn't go to war over 4.5% of our oil supply. Need more proof? The US gained nothing by removing Saddam other than rid the world of a dictator.

it is probably to cut off China from its oil-supply from the middle-east, as China is dependent on oil from the middle-east.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom