Note System (NS2) [Deleted]

No, I was talking about being able to see the notes on the threads themselves when looking at new threads, like you can on forum view. Maybe I'm suffering from false-memory syndrome and that never existed, lol. It's possible.

Also, I'm not seeing those menu items, with all permissions enabled. And on top of that, permissions seem to wonky again. Logged in on a test account with only registered permissions - and even with both View permissions disabled - I can still see all user notes, meaning also other people's user notes. So maybe I've got some corrupt data. I'll just wait till you release the next version and upgrade, and if I still have problems I'll be sure to uninstall it all first before doing a new install.

EDIT: Scratch the menu items not showing part, I just remembered I made a change to the what's new menu a couple days ago, but the permissions part is still an issue.

Last edited:
And on top of that, permissions seem to wonky again. Logged in on a test account with only registered permissions - and even with both View permissions disabled - I can still see all user notes, meaning also other people's user notes. So maybe I've got some corrupt data. I'll just wait till you release the next version and upgrade, and if I still have problems I'll be sure to uninstall it all first before doing a new install.

I have tested extensively! I cannot reproduce it

@au lait
Sorry, I think I made a mistake in using the term "user notes," when I specifically meant "thread notes" created by users. You have all those permissions disabled in your screenshots, so not sure you actually tested those...?

EDIT: But you can forget that too, I guess. I'm not sure why, maybe I'm just losing my mind, but after reinstalling and trying again I can't reproduce the problem. So everything looks good at the moment. Sorry again about that.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the Note system 2.0.2? I still have version 2.0.1 and am getting a server error:
Error: Call to undefined method xenMade\NS\Entity\NoteThread::canViewNoteUser() in src/addons/xenMade/NS/Search/Data/NoteThread.php at line 95
  1. xenMade\NS\Search\Data\NoteThread->canViewContent() in src/XF/Search/Search.php at line 222
  2. XF\Search\Search->XF\Search\{closure}()
  3. array_filter() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php at line 189
  4. XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter() in src/XF/Search/Search.php at line 223
  5. XF\Search\Search->getResultSetData() in src/XF/ResultSet.phpat line 228
  6. XF\ResultSet->loadResultsData() in src/XF/ResultSet.php at line 212
  7. XF\ResultSet->limitToViewableResults() in src/XF/ResultSet.phpat line 181
  8. XF\ResultSet->sliceResults() in src/XF/ResultSet.php at line 191
  9. XF\ResultSet->limitResults() in src/addons/AVF/Editorial/Search/Search.php at line 27
  10. AVF\Editorial\Search\Search->search() in src/XF/Repository/Search.php at line 34
  11. XF\Repository\Search->runSearch() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php at line 395
  12. XF\Pub\Controller\Search->runSearch() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php at line 241
  13. XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionMember() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  16. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  17. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  18. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  19. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

@au lait hope you're ok.
I need to get a note system up and running right away to replace yours.
I only have version 2.0.1. Could you share 2.0.2 for me please so I can at least get that up and running and then commission a replacement?
Are you ok with me basing it on your code?

I don't give away the addons or the whole project for free...
No, that's understandable and I agree with you. I've always been an advocate of people charging a fair price for their addons as being a software developer myself, I appreciate the effort that goes in to them. I'm not familiar with your personal situation but I fully support people when they find that 'real life' problems or opportunities mean they have to step back from addon development (I'm thinking of Daniel Hood, Waindigo & Brogan). So you have my sympathies and complete support in whatever decision you make there.
How long do you think license holders will need to wait before we can get access to the addons again with support?

have a look at xenmade I sent you the last version!

Hi au lait, i'm very happy to know that you're still active in xenforo forum, I thought you were gone long time ago, and I'm really hope you can read this
I want to send you inbox but looks like you have disabled, I can't send inbox to you, I also want to send inbox to your forum xenmade but the registration is disabled too, so i'm really hope that you can read this

First I want to explain to you what i have experienced

I'm now using your add-on : "https://xenforo.com/community/threads/watermark-system-stwm2-deleted.140943/"
It's an awesome add-on feature, and it works pretty good, both text and images when I upload images through attachment

The problem is : I don't want those images store in my server along with my forum running it because the size of disk will increase by the time, so I used this add-on made by Chris D : https://xenforo.com/community/resou...or-amazon-s3-for-file-storage-in-xf-2-x.6805/

Another problem appears, the watermark system don't work with file storage add-on above, I think it's because images attachment go through directly to DO Space/S3 when files uploading, so no watermarking after that

I hope you can improve the code watermark add-on to work with file storage add-on above, I would very appreciate, and I can donate for you

Could you help me this case?
Thank you
I'm really waiting for your reply

Top Bottom