XF 2.1 Not getting alerts all the time

Renegade

I have noticed this behavior myself in the past and now has also been reported by my forum members, so putting up a query.

The notifications alerts stop working after some time/instances for a given thread. For example, I posted in a particular thread and I start getting notification when someone replies to the thread. However after a few days I do not get any more notifications for that particular thread when someone creates a new post. I can see that thread in the new posts list but have got no alert notifications. I think if I visit that thread again, then only I start getting the notifications again. That again only for few days/instances only.

This behavior of course causes lack of engagement for my users. If this an intended behavior and can it be changed?

This is pretty much the designed behavior -- you only get the one notification until you read the thread again. There isn't anything built in to change it.

Here's an addon

This is pretty much the designed behavior -- you only get the one notification until you read the thread again. There isn't anything built in to change it.
Thanks for confirming Mike, I wish there was a native way to disable that.

The notifications might expire for whatever reasons, like user might not visit the forum for a long time. If the user stops getting the notification then there is no way to bring them back. It is like a chain reaction and over time there will be zero notifications to bring the users back to the forums even though they would have participated in multiple threads.

Top Bottom