XF 1.5 Not getting activation emails

borgqueenx

I had 2 trusted people of mine already see my site and register on it, however they are not getting activation emails.
I tried both the default method and the SMTP method. They are not getting any emails.

Are there any entries in the ACP error log?
If so, what are they?

If you are using the default PHP mail function and there are no errors in the ACP, then this means the emails have been handed off to the server.
At that point XenForo is no longer involved so you would need to check the mail server log to see whether they are being sent or not.

Your host should be able to help with that if you are unsure how to check the log.

If they are being sent then it could be any number of reasons why they aren't being delivered.
This resource should help: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dealing-with-spam-filters.366/

i am running a VPS, so i can edit configuations myself. I have no idea where this comes from, but if i know, i can make the changes myself.
Odds are (for the SMTP) you have a firewall blocking the outbound ports. Are you using cPanel (or some other panel)?
For the PHP mail, you would need to check the MTA logs (/var/log/mail.log or /var/log/maillog in most cases, but it possibly could be in /var/log/exim4)

what are these outbound ports? standard?

i just validated my d0main with a valid domain key. yet still emails are getting to the spam folder or not delivered at all :(

the error is this when using a SMTP of my email host wich has the domain i run xenforo on linked.
Code:
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to **********@gmail.com failed: Could not open socket - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277
Generated By: Unknown Account, 7 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/cct/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('ssl://smtp.zoho...')
#1 /home/cct/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(199): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
#2 /home/cct/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/cct/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(175): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(153): XenForo_Mail->send('admin.goldendra...', 'testmail1')
#7 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(424): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#8 /home/cct/public_html/library/Waindigo/JoinUserGroup/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(64): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#9 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Waindigo_JoinUserGroup_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#10 /home/cct/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /home/cct/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}

what are these outbound ports? standard?
What port are you setting in your ACP configuration when configuring the SMTP connection.. THAT is the port you need to make sure is open for outbound connections on your server.
Still haven't seen if you are panel-less or running a control panel.

I am running centos web panel. I checked the firewall and the smtp port used to connect to smtp in xenforo's email setting is already allowed in the firewall.

Top Bottom