Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
wow, just installed this. Essential add on. Now it looks like I added a lot more pages to my website!

Had a quick question. on the digital point site https://forums.digitalpoint.com/ when you scroll over the "forums" tab -you can see a drop down with all the nodes.
How do you enable this add on to do that for my "forum" page. I was able to do it for my additional tabs but not my main forum tab.

thanks

Hi Jake,

is it actually possible to show the "Forum Nodes" as a drop-down at the "Forums"-Tab ?

Meaning:
being able to show all "Forum-Nodes" (not showing the "Forum-Categories") as Links in the dropdown of the "Forums"-Tab.

But not showing all "Forum-Nodes" when the "Forums"-Tab is active, since this would overwhelm the SubNavBar when there are a lot of Forums.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
wow, just installed this. Essential add on. Now it looks like I added a lot more pages to my website!

Had a quick question. on the digital point site https://forums.digitalpoint.com/ when you scroll over the "forums" tab -you can see a drop down with all the nodes.
How do you enable this add on to do that for my "forum" page. I was able to do it for my additional tabs but not my main forum tab.

thanks

Instructions here:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/update?update=6285

But it creates a new tab. It doesn't modify or replace the default forums tab.

Hi Jake,

is it actually possible to show the "Forum Nodes" as a drop-down at the "Forums"-Tab ?

Meaning:
being able to show all "Forum-Nodes" (not showing the "Forum-Categories") as Links in the dropdown of the "Forums"-Tab.

But not showing all "Forum-Nodes" when the "Forums"-Tab is active, since this would overwhelm the SubNavBar when there are a lot of Forums.

Many thanks!

When you set a depth of child links > 1 it will do exactly that. When the tab is selected only the first level is shown, and those then open up submenus. It's like in the picture:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/

hey jake, is it possible hide content within a tab from the rest of the staff and members from being able to see the content beside admins, so that its not visible to the other lower ranking staff and reg members until its all finished?

The actual node content can be restricted with permissions in XenForo. Then this addon has an option to check node permissions when displaying secondary links. Enable that and the link will not show in the navbar if the user doesn't have view permission.

The actual node content can be restricted with permissions in XenForo. Then this addon has an option to check node permissions when displaying secondary links. Enable that and the link will not show in the navbar if the user doesn't have view permission.

Awesome thank you Jake.??^^

Hi, I have a drop down list of child node link forums from a category set as a tab on my site that I'm trying to get specific child nodes in this list to open to blank. I found some instructions on about page 5 of this thread for this, however, it doesn't seem to be working as intended. Is what I'm trying to do possible with this addon and if so how would I do this?

Is it possible to build a menu/tab that operates like digitalpoints, but rather than reflect the node tree it shows a column structure like his but with custom headings and menu items/links below of our choosing. Thanks

Thanks Jake, but from what I can see, that will display the entire node tree. I want to build by own menu providing my own sub headings with links that are not necessarily nodes and may just link to pages in resources or even exterior links etc Is this possible with Nodes as tabs?

Thanks Jake, but from what I can see, that will display the entire node tree. I want to build by own menu providing my own sub headings with links that are not necessarily nodes and may just link to pages in resources or even exterior links etc Is this possible with Nodes as tabs?

The column secondary links are tricky. If using nodes for secondary links then the code handles it for you. If using a Links Template (to manually define secondary links) then it's still possible but you will have to work with the HTML and CSS.

Hi, I am porting a project into a clean xen foro to resolve some issues. Actually for someone I see in this thread.

I think I am doing something silly. Issue is here. http://tinyurl.com/ko7rthe

Now. When I click on a node I stuck in the nav. its jumping to the category on the forum list rather than going to the actual category/forum. I have seen no way to do that in the first place.

thanks for taking a look. I suspect I am simply missing something but I can't quite put my finger on what would cause that. The child links work fine so I gather I have to change a root setting or something somewhere.

EDIT. I have figured out the issue. It was of course a simple one.

Nigel

Last edited:
Hi,

Why first tab (Forums) is always marked as selected, even if you click to another one? How can I fix that?

Thanks.

tabs.webp

Top Bottom