Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Hello!

I´m using nodes as tabs in my XF and I have one problem. I remember that I have seen the fix for this in somewhere, but can´t find it nowhere now.

Problem is in mobile or in small screen when tabs go on to each other in next row.

I hope this picture will help to understand the "problem"

nodeproblem.png

Hello!

I´m using nodes as tabs in my XF and I have one problem. I remember that I have seen the fix for this in somewhere, but can´t find it nowhere now.

Problem is in mobile or in small screen when tabs go on to each other in next row.

I hope this picture will help to understand the "problem"

nodeproblem.png

The built-in responsive style in XenForo 1.2 handles this gracefully. Perhaps you are using an old custom style that is not responsive?

It's more of a style consideration, not directly to do with this addon.

Thanks Jake!

The problem was in the casual-theme I use. I found a fix for that also and now everything is running smoothly!

Hi Jake,

Quick question. Great Add-on BTW. I've setup a Node as tab for my category node. and it's now
showing the tab on the nav-bar .. perfect!. Would it be possible to change the formating of the tab
so that it doesn't appear like the standard tab to make it more noticeable to the users? (eg different background
colour, bigger font?)

Thanks,
Deddy

Hi Jake,

Quick question. Great Add-on BTW. I've setup a Node as tab for my category node. and it's now
showing the tab on the nav-bar .. perfect!. Would it be possible to change the formating of the tab
so that it doesn't appear like the standard tab to make it more noticeable to the users? (eg different background
colour, bigger font?)

Thanks,
Deddy

See my post in this thread:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/menu-color-help.43531/

You just need to specify the tabids. Node tabs use this for the tabid:

nodetab#

...where # is the node_id of the node.

I want to see the tab only (and hide the actual node). Is this possible? I'm using node-as-tabs to create a tab that links to our blog.

Hi, I notice when I made a category as a tab, the side from forum_list... disappears.. any way I can get it back as
like the main forum_list?

thanks.

Hi, I notice when I made a category as a tab, the side from forum_list... disappears.. any way I can get it back as
like the main forum_list?

thanks.

It doesn't disappear per se, because it is not there to begin with. That forum_list sidebar is only present on the index page. With or without this addon, node pages don't have the forum_list sidebar.

An addon is required to add the sidebar to that page. I am not aware of an existing addon for this. I don't think that I would consider adding such a feature to this addon, as this addon really only has to do with navigation, not content.

It doesn't disappear per se, because it is not there to begin with. That forum_list sidebar is only present on the index page. With or without this addon, node pages don't have the forum_list sidebar.

An addon is required to add the sidebar to that page. I am not aware of an existing addon for this. I don't think that I would consider adding such a feature to this addon, as this addon really only has to do with navigation, not content.

Hi Jake, thanks for reply.

What I want to do is to make widget thread to show the new, most liked and most replied threads within the catergies + sub-categories of the category_view page.

Thanks,
Deddy

Hi,

Any idea about how the resource manager categories can be added as tabs under the Resources tab?

I can create a page/link as a node, but the Resources tab is not shown as a node under which I can add them..

Thanks.

Hi,

Any idea about how the resource manager categories can be added as tabs under the Resources tab?

I can create a page/link as a node, but the Resources tab is not shown as a node under which I can add them..

Thanks.

The RM isn't a type of node. It's a completely separate addon. NodesAsTabs doesn't control the RM tab.

It would be best for you to edit the resources_tab_links template directly. That will allow you to change the secondary links underneath the RM tab.

How do I get a tab just to be a placeholder for the menu items that it holds? In other words, I don't want clicking the tab name to take me to a forum or a link, but if a user clicks it, I do want the user to see the menu items below, with the focus shifting to the menu itself . Can't figure this out. I've tried making the tab both a forum and a link; neither option seems to give me what I need.

See the Submit menu here:

http://poetrycircle.com/forum/

How do I get a tab just to be a placeholder for the menu items that it holds? In other words, I don't want clicking the tab name to take me to a forum or a link, but if a user clicks it, I do want the user to see the menu items below, with the focus shifting to the menu itself . Can't figure this out. I've tried making the tab both a forum and a link; neither option seems to give me what I need.

See the Submit menu here:

http://poetrycircle.com/forum/

You can use js to override the link:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs.26687/page-7#post-389478

You may also be interested in this:

http://xenforo.com/community/resour...ger-popup-instead-of-just-the-down-arrow.968/

Question. I have a long "submit" menu on my site that I created with Nodes as Tabs. Is there a way to make divider lines within the menu to separate groups of items?

menu.webp

Example:

dividerline.webp

This is a silly example, but you get my drift. Also great would be the ability to have subheadings in the same gray font as "Quick Links"

Thanks!

Top Bottom