Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Hi Jake,

I am trying to add a sub-tab to the default forums tab that links directly to one of my forums. First, is this add-on able to do this?

I created a link forum with the url for the forum I am trying to link to. Now I am trying to assign it to the existing forum tab using the "Assign to Existing Tab" option. I added the following tab ID:

<li class="navTab forums Popup PopupControl PopupContainerControl PopupClosed">

It will not take the value because it needs to be 50 characters or fewer. Is that the right tab ID for the forums tab? And are the steps I am taking even right?

Thanks!

Hi Jake,

I am trying to add a sub-tab to the default forums tab that links directly to one of my forums. First, is this add-on able to do this?

I created a link forum with the url for the forum I am trying to link to. Now I am trying to assign it to the existing forum tab using the "Assign to Existing Tab" option. I added the following tab ID:

<li class="navTab forums Popup PopupControl PopupContainerControl PopupClosed">

It will not take the value because it needs to be 50 characters or fewer. Is that the right tab ID for the forums tab? And are the steps I am taking even right?

Thanks!

This addon can create new tabs. To add a hyperlink to the default Forums tab you can just edit the template (no addon required):

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-add-a-new-tab-in-the-navbar.7781/#post-108734

I think you are asking for a submenu. This addon doesn't do that. But you can increase this setting to include more levels as indented hyperlinks:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> <click the node> -> Depth Of Child Links
yes I need to open the submenu as shown in the picture. you can update the plugin to include such a feature?
I have a lot of sections and sub-menus. If you display them via the Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> <click the node> -> Depth Of Child Links then they open the entire screen and it is not convenient

yes I need to open the submenu as shown in the picture. you can update the plugin to include such a feature?
I have a lot of sections and sub-menus. If you display them via the Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> <click the node> -> Depth Of Child Links then they open the entire screen and it is not convenient

I don't have plans to add this feature right now.

The nav system will be updated in XF 2.0. That will be a good time to revisit this addon.

Is there a way to have a selected node as tab display as a dropdown instead of showing up in the secondary menu (where "mark forums read", "search forums" etc usually are)?

This is the view of the menu from the index page:
Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 9.52.17 PM.webp

This is the view of the menu when one clicks on "Marketplace". The subforums of "Marketplace" end up in the secondary menu, where "Watched Forums" "Watched Threads" etc are above. See below:
Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 9.52.37 PM.webp

Top Bottom