Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Hi @Jake Bunce I am moving from phpBB3 to XenForo. I want to have the same menu in XenForo as I had in phpBB3. XenPorta is now my Home tab. How could I add some sub-menus to Home tab, please? Am I able to do this with this add-on? For example I wan to add som tag-links and this way I will only see promoted threads tagged with words review, preview

This addon has no control over non-node tabs such as your "Home" tab.

Also now I have XenTrader in my navtab. I want to move XenTrader under my Classifieds navtab. How can I do this please?

Again, it is important to realize that you are working with non-node tabs. This is the "Nodes As Tabs" addon.

You can affect the tab selection of any page using link-forums and this addon as described in this update:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/update?update=1441

This is an advanced application of this addon but it works as long as the pages are represented by link-forums.

This only affects tab selection. It does not add the link to the tab. That is the limit of what you can do with non-node tabs and this addon. The other configurable tab options are only available to node tabs.

What if I want to edit the current Members tab to have more child tabs/links?

also.. this is the settings of my page i wanted added under my Members tab. (i created a new members link)
http://gyazo.com/0713af8e00bfd849e882d3db3d0f38c2
http://gyazo.com/8df870b40dca654570cb8de778a3a6a1

But it isnt going under my new members tab for some reason.

That is not a "node tab" so this addon has no control over it.

You can edit the default "Members" tab in the navigation template.

That is not a "node tab" so this addon has no control over it.

You can edit the default "Members" tab in the navigation template.

Well how can I make a new members tab using "node tab"?
I tried making a Forum Link on my nodes. Then I made it into a tab named Members. But every time I Tried to add my 'Leadership' node page as a child link under my new members tab. It wouldnt go under it. It would just go beside it. (as shown above are my settings i had set on 'Leadership'.

Well how can I make a new members tab using "node tab"?
I tried making a Forum Link on my nodes. Then I made it into a tab named Members. But every time I Tried to add my 'Leadership' node page as a child link under my new members tab. It wouldnt go under it. It would just go beside it. (as shown above are my settings i had set on 'Leadership'.

That can work... replacing the default "Members" tab with a node tab that is a link-forum. Here is the general process:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/update?update=4698

Jake Bunce updated Nodes As Tabs with a new update entry:

1.2.1 Changes

1) Added API for other non-default node types to use. In particular, [bd] Widget Framework will be releasing an update that uses this API thereby enabling "Widget Page" nodes to work with this addon. The integration is seamless; if both addons are installed then they will work together automatically.

2) Made it so the unread counter bubbles in this addon obey permissions. The count will now only include unread...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It would be good if the "Link URL" relating to "Assign To Existing Tab" would also consider the selected route filters. When I change the name of the member link from "members" to the German "mitglieder", I need to add "mitglieder" to the link field. The link members is of course still working, but when I use this for the "Link URL" relating to "Assign to Existing Tab" the assignment isn't working.

It would be good if the "Link URL" relating to "Assign To Existing Tab" would also consider the selected route filters. When I change the name of the member link from "members" to the German "mitglieder", I need to add "mitglieder" to the link field. The link members is of course still working, but when I use this for the "Link URL" relating to "Assign to Existing Tab" the assignment isn't working.

That is not something I will add. It is up to the admin to make sure their link-forum targets reflect any route filters that have been created.

@Jake Bunce :

I have created a page and make it display as a TAB. Then i disable it, even in the Node List, then i copied that link (when i still enable it as a TAB), i inserted that Link into the Secondary tab link, i did check for Optional Components: Log and count visits to this page, List Sibling Nodes, List Child Nodes to be enable--> it is still work fine for me, i can see all of List Sibling Nodes, List Child Nodes when i click on that link.

The second steps, i also created another page but i want the parent of the page is the ABOVE PAGE that i just created. I didn't display it as a TAB or NODE, then assigned it for the above node as Parent Node, but it is not display in the List of Optional Components (Sibling Nodes, Child Nodes). How can i display it in here, please?

For the option: Assign To Existing Tab of the second page, i did check the HTML on the navigation about the parent node (first created page), it was shown like this:

<li class="navTab nodetab44 selected">

Then i tried to put: "nodetab44" or "44". But the second page still not display in the List of Optional Components (Sibling Nodes, Child Nodes)

Can u advice on this?

Thanks!

@Jake Bunce :

I have created a page and make it display as a TAB. Then i disable it, even in the Node List, then i copied that link (when i still enable it as a TAB), i inserted that Link into the Secondary tab link, i did check for Optional Components: Log and count visits to this page, List Sibling Nodes, List Child Nodes to be enable--> it is still work fine for me, i can see all of List Sibling Nodes, List Child Nodes when i click on that link.

The second steps, i also created another page but i want the parent of the page is the ABOVE PAGE that i just created. I didn't display it as a TAB or NODE, then assigned it for the above node as Parent Node, but it is not display in the List of Optional Components (Sibling Nodes, Child Nodes). How can i display it in here, please?

For the option: Assign To Existing Tab of the second page, i did check the HTML on the navigation about the parent node (first created page), it was shown like this:

<li class="navTab nodetab44 selected">

Then i tried to put: "nodetab44" or "44". But the second page still not display in the List of Optional Components (Sibling Nodes, Child Nodes)

Can u advice on this?

Thanks!

This addon affects navigation. It doesn't affect the node list itself.

If you want a node to be at a certain point in the node list then you need to set the parent of that node appropriately. This is a basic XenForo function that does not involve this addon.

Unread Count

Quick question, I have disabled Unread Count on a child node and sure enough the tab does not show any alerts. However, the parent node does show alerts for that child node. Is this the expected behaviour and if so is there anyway to disable a child nodes unread alerts from being added into the total unread alerts for the parent?

Unread Count

Quick question, I have disabled Unread Count on a child node and sure enough the tab does not show any alerts. However, the parent node does show alerts for that child node. Is this the expected behaviour and if so is there anyway to disable a child nodes unread alerts from being added into the total unread alerts for the parent?

Only settings for the node tab itself are considered. "Nodes As Tabs" settings for child nodes have no effect on the parent tab.

There is no option to exclude a child node from the unread count. The unread count obeys permissions, but I think you probably don't intend to make that node inaccessible.

Another approach would be to move the child outside of that tab so it's no longer a child of that node. That way it won't be included in the unread count. You can then edit the child and use Assign To Existing Tab so it still selects the node tab. However, Assign To Existing Tab only controls the tab selection... it doesn't add a link for that node under the tab. You can add a stub to the tab using a link-forum or the Links Template option.

Jake,
Quick question if i may.... So i'd like to be able to create a "resources" tab, which contains links etc to other sites, all listed under the tab. Is this possible??

Ive managed to work out how to create a Tab, and then create a sub-tab, however this then appears as it's own page as a subsequent link... If you get my meaning... It doesn't need a page of it's own, it just has to link directly to the site when selected.

So effectively a pull down menu of links to other sites is kind of what I'm trying to create...

Cheers
Paul

Jake,
Quick question if i may.... So i'd like to be able to create a "resources" tab, which contains links etc to other sites, all listed under the tab. Is this possible??

Ive managed to work out how to create a Tab, and then create a sub-tab, however this then appears as it's own page as a subsequent link... If you get my meaning... It doesn't need a page of it's own, it just has to link directly to the site when selected.

So effectively a pull down menu of links to other sites is kind of what I'm trying to create...

Cheers
Paul

Use "link-forum" nodes to create such external links.

Jake Bunce updated Nodes As Tabs with a new update entry:

1.2.2 Changes

Added option to display popup menu links as columns. This allows you to recreate the "JumpMenu" from https://forums.digitalpoint.com/ which is what inspired this feature request.

View attachment 57713

It is mentioned in the description of this new option, but I will also emphasize it here. Those wishing to style their column menus to look like digitalpoint need to edit the nat_public_css.css template. I have included special CSS that you can uncomment to make your...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom