Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Hi :)
I have this error suddenly...see attachment please.
Thanks
Antonio

View attachment 54557

Make sure this file exists on the server:

library/NodesAsTabs/Option/RootNodeChooser.php

Or more generally, re-upload the files for this addon to ensure they are all correct. And import the XML to ensure that is up-to-date:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Add-ons -> Controls: Upgrade Add-on

Make sure this file exists on the server:

library/NodesAsTabs/Option/RootNodeChooser.php

Or more generally, re-upload the files for this addon to ensure they are all correct. And import the XML to ensure that is up-to-date:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Add-ons -> Controls: Upgrade Add-on
Ok, reinstalled and now it's ok :)
Thanks
Antonio

Hey Jake, sorry if this has been brought up before. We have a node setup to where users have permissions to only view their threads.

Not sure if I'm able to be able to show news posts only for their threads(obviously as that's how the node is setup).

It almost seems a bug(or I'm not setting node as tabs up correctly) however logged in a regular user right now I see 28 unread messages. Clicking that node of course I see zero unread threads(I can only view my own).

Hope that made sense.

Hey Jake, sorry if this has been brought up before. We have a node setup to where users have permissions to only view their threads.

Not sure if I'm able to be able to show news posts only for their threads(obviously as that's how the node is setup).

It almost seems a bug(or I'm not setting node as tabs up correctly) however logged in a regular user right now I see 28 unread messages. Clicking that node of course I see zero unread threads(I can only view my own).

Hope that made sense.

Hmm, I hadn't considered that case. Actually, right now the unread count doesn't do permission checks at all. This should be an easy fix though.

I am close to another release. I will include a fix for this.

Hmm, I hadn't considered that case. Actually, right now the unread count doesn't do permission checks at all. This should be an easy fix though.

I am close to another release. I will include a fix for this.

Awesome, we'll disable the counter until then, thanks.

Hi Jake,
have you ever had to deal with the problem of incompatibility between XenForo and Photopost Pro software if Node as Tabs is installed?
I use Photopost Pro integration with XenForo, works well, but if Node as Tabs is installed i have an error :(

Code:
An exception occurred: No entry is registered for key 'fc' in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 958

XenForo_Application::get() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php at line 1344
XenForo_Application::getFc() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/NodesAsTabs/Listen.php at line 145
NodesAsTabs_Listen::includeCSS()
call_user_func_array() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 73
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 82
XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 244
XenForo_Dependencies_Public->createTemplateObject() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 263
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 115
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/contest/header-inc.php at line 53
include() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/contest/config-inc.php at line 11
require() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/contest/pp-inc.php at line 18
require() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/contest/index.php at line 22

I know that the problem is not related closely to this environment, but I would be grateful if you could just direct me to solve the problem generically.
The problem maybe is
" author can probally add a conditional in his hack to disable if the define is encountered."
if ( PP_SCRIPT == "PP_Pro" ) blah blah do not run that addon.
Thanks
Antonio

Last edited:
Hi Jake,
have you ever had to deal with the problem of incompatibility between XenForo and Photopost Pro software if Node as Tabs is installed?
I use Photopost Pro integration with XenForo, works well, but if Node as Tabs is installed i have an error :(

Code:
An exception occurred: No entry is registered for key 'fc' in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 958

XenForo_Application::get() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php at line 1344
XenForo_Application::getFc() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/NodesAsTabs/Listen.php at line 145
NodesAsTabs_Listen::includeCSS()
call_user_func_array() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 73
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 82
XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 244
XenForo_Dependencies_Public->createTemplateObject() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 263
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 115
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/contest/header-inc.php at line 53
include() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/contest/config-inc.php at line 11
require() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/contest/pp-inc.php at line 18
require() in /home/phototar/domains/macroforum.org/public_html/contest/index.php at line 22

I know that the problem is not related closely to this environment, but I would be grateful if you could just direct me to solve the problem generically.
The problem maybe is
Thanks
Antonio

Probably similar to this problem with the Kotomi addon and NodesAsTabs:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/kotomi-generic-script-bridge.26937/page-3#post-607836

I have removed 'fc' from the next version of this addon to avoid triggering this error in combination with old addons that haven't been updated for 1.2

Where can I download this new version without "Fc" or could you please describe where in the files I have to delete what for this?

To be the clear, the problem is really with your other addon not being updated for 1.2. Ideally that addon should be updated or you might get more errors relating to it.

If you wish to modify this addon to avoid the error then edit this file:

library/NodesAsTabs/Listen.php

Use this function (replacing the existing function by the same name):

Code:
	public static function includeCSS($templateName, array &$params, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
	{
		if ($templateName == 'PAGE_CONTAINER')
		{
			if ($template instanceof XenForo_Template_Public)
			{
				$template->addRequiredExternal('css', 'nat_public_css');
			}
			else if ($template instanceof XenForo_Template_Admin)
			{
				$template->addRequiredExternal('css', 'nat_admin_css');
			}
		}
	}

Wow...it works!!!
Thanks Jake! :)
I know that the problem is related to other software but they do not support XenForo with addon installed :(
It seems that there are no errors and everything to be perfect...thanks!
Antonio

Hi Jake,

Got a page set up as a tab. How can I make child pages show up under that page? What's the best way? I don't want them visible on the node list though.

To be the clear, the problem is really with your other addon not being updated for 1.2. Ideally that addon should be updated or you might get more errors relating to it.

Actually not quite true there. The issue was not anything to do with addons. The addons we do for xenforo are 1.2 compliant which are merely navigation links and some things to show in the forum they are fine.

The issue with NodeTabs active is that it is messed with the html output of an entirely different application in the applications own directory and output completely seperate from the forum. It is probally directly related style matching done to match styles from xenforo to photopost. The actual integration between the two applications was done in collaboration with Xenforo Developers so the code used to pull the xenforo header footer around the application is correct and 100% valid for sure since it comes right from Xenforo not an addon. ;)

I would assume removing in the style match the style class calls anything with nodeInfo in it would also have resolved the issue.

Last edited:
Actually not quite true there. The issue was not anything to do with addons. The addons we do for xenforo are 1.2 compliant which are merely navigation links and some things to show in the forum they are fine.

The issue with NodeTabs active is that it is messed with the html output of an entirely different application in the applications own directory and output completely seperate from the forum. It is probally directly related style matching done to match styles from xenforo to photopost. The actual integration between the two applications was done in collaboration with Xenforo Developers so the code used to pull the xenforo header footer around the application is correct and 100% valid for sure since it comes right from Xenforo not an addon. ;)

I would assume removing in the style match the style class calls anything with nodeInfo in it would also have resolved the issue.

Fix the front controller for your external pages to set the 'fc' entry like the default front controller in XenForo 1.2

The actual integration between the two applications was done in collaboration with Xenforo Developers so the code used to pull the xenforo header footer around the application is correct and 100% valid for sure since it comes right from Xenforo not an addon. ;)

Kotomi copied the front controller from XenForo 1.1, yes. It needs to re-copy the front controller from XenForo 1.2 which has changed since 1.1

Hi Jake,

Got a page set up as a tab. How can I make child pages show up under that page? What's the best way? I don't want them visible on the node list though.

You could show child page links as secondary links under the tab using the Depth Of Child Links option from this addon. And/or use this option when editing the page node (which is a default feature of Xenforo):

Page Options: List Child Nodes

I'm not able to see this mod in full action at any of the example links given in 'Overview'.

Can someone please provide links to websites where I can clearly and fully see this mod in full play?

Thank you.

Is there possibility to change the ready menu, like editing where its coded?
I want to do it that way in order to put direct link to something, without having to redirect it with FORUM LINK.

Hi @Jake Bunce I am moving from phpBB3 to XenForo. I want to have the same menu in XenForo as I had in phpBB3. XenPorta is now my Home tab. How could I add some sub-menus to Home tab, please? Am I able to do this with this add-on? For example I wan to add som tag-links and this way I will only see promoted threads tagged with words review, preview, ... Also now I have XenTrader in my navtab. I want to move XenTrader under my Classifieds navtab. How can I do this please?

Top Bottom