[Nobita] Sendy.co Integration (Subscribe/Unsubscribe)

[Nobita] Sendy.co Integration (Subscribe/Unsubscribe) [Paid] 1.1.8a

No permission to buy ($20.00)
Again, to clarify: My main goal is to maintain a very clean list for my members, and to avoid anyone getting emails they don't want to receive. That means full sync between XF and Sendy.

Here are the main user fields in each system that control email sending/receiving:

XenForo:
  • Receive Site Mailings
  • Email Status (Valid / Bounced)
  • Subscribed to newsletter (Nobita Sendy Addon)
Sendy:
  • Subscribed / Unsubscribed
  • Marked as spam
  • Bounced
The issue: How to best sync these items so both systems are accurate regardless of which system the user is interacting with.

I just had a user email saying, "Your newsletter went to my old email address even though I updated it in the forum. Can you fix this?"

So, I checked, and the new email was in XF, but wasn't pushed to Sendy (which only had the old email).

Shouldn't this be syncing email changes / updates to Sendy?

I did an email shoot last week to 34k members. Only a 5% open rate. I'm concerned emails aren't being delivered properly, though I'm using AWS so I assume they are.

I did a bulk message send to all members a few days later and said write back if you didn't get the email. Many members wrote back saying they never received it. How do you recommend I troubleshoot this?
Thanks!

Really confused here because I am not sure where to get sendy API key. All I have license key for sendy but how to get the API key or login dashboard for sendy so that I can generate an API key? Also what are Listing IDs? Please Help!

I hope that i can have an basic version in next week. Currently working on some other addon to xf2
Really confused here because I am not sure where to get sendy API key. All I have license key for sendy but how to get the API key or login dashboard for sendy so that I can generate an API key? Also what are Listing IDs? Please Help!
I guess that you should contact with Sendy team to get them support :D

For some reason I am getting '303 See Other' error when trying to subscribe. Any specific reason?

Attachments

• sendy.webp
    sendy.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi,

I would be very interested in this addon for XF1.5x. (As long as there is no XF2 version of Sonnb Xengallery, I can not switch to XF2.)

What is the current status quo with this addon for XF1.5x? Is it now possible to have a sync back and forth between Sendy and XF for bounces and unsubscribe users?

Do we need to fund something to get this fast working?

@truonglv There has not been an update since 2016. Are you planning to fix these issues?
I am worried that this is not working the way I thought it does and hurting my account. I show 44 members bounced in search users on my xF backend. However, I am showing 51 bounced emails from my last newsletter, and 25 bounced on the one before that. If that check box is adding these bounced emails back to subscribe then this is a really bad thing. Please correct me, because in my head I should be showing probably about 100 bounced in xF backend.
I am having an issue where I marked the 1 default list that I want users to be subscribed to. There are three others that people can choose to receive as well, but when I rebuild the cache it subscribes them to all 4 lists.
I just tested the subscriber status within the Sendy API and it works.. It sends back "Unsubscribed" for the user that's obviously, Unsubscribed. Now getting that data into XF is another story as you've found out.
So, I checked, and the new email was in XF, but wasn't pushed to Sendy (which only had the old email).

Shouldn't this be syncing email changes / updates to Sendy?
I did a bulk message send to all members a few days later and said write back if you didn't get the email. Many members wrote back saying they never received it.

@truonglv

Hi,

I tried to post some questions for your addon in your own support forum over at nobita.me, but I can not post there in the forum for this addon. Could you please check this?

I am thinking to buy your sendy addon to experiment with it. For XF 1.5.17. What I need to know is which information is really exchanged between XF<->Sendy for:

A. bounced emails (both in XF and Sendy)
B. uncheck site mailing in userprofile of XF
C. Clicking on unsubscribe link of Sendy newsletter
D. marked as spam within Sendy

I need an addon that interacts always in both ways, so the information in XF is always the same as in Sendy.

Others have asked the same question before, but it was not really answered yet. Would be great if you always could update the overview page here of this addon, so that we see immediately, what this addon is able to do and what not regarding this. Saves your time and ours too ;)

So, Is your script able to do that?

A. bounced emails (both in XF and Sendy) - NO
B. uncheck site mailing in userprofile of XF - YES but there's a bug if you have multiple lists (it will un/subscribe to all in one shot)
C. Clicking on unsubscribe link of Sendy newsletter - Yes on Sendy but doesn't show on XF
D. marked as spam within Sendy - No

A. bounced emails (both in XF and Sendy) - NO
B. uncheck site mailing in userprofile of XF - YES but there's a bug if you have multiple lists (it will un/subscribe to all in one shot)
C. Clicking on unsubscribe link of Sendy newsletter - Yes on Sendy but doesn't show on XF
D. marked as spam within Sendy - No

Sorry to see that and to say this but then this script is useless unless this is fixed. If there is no proper interaction with both parts this leaves us admins then only with trouble, hassle and very angry users. No user will understand that clicking on unsubscribe does not unsubscribe him in the forum at the same time.

Additionally this is a legal problem in Europe. By law we have to offer an unsubscribe link at the end of each newsletter. The user has to be able to unsubscribe without beeing forced to login. There is no way that then the same user is not alos unsubscribed in the forum.

B: I have no heard about this issues o_O

Sorry to see that and to say this but then this script is useless unless this is fixed. If there is no proper interaction with both parts this leaves us admins then only with trouble, hassle and very angry users. No user will understand that clicking on unsubscribe does not unsubscribe him in the forum at the same time.

Additionally this is a legal problem in Europe. By law we have to offer an unsubscribe link at the end of each newsletter. The user has to be able to unsubscribe without beeing forced to login. There is no way that then the same user is not alos unsubscribed in the forum.
A: It's limited by sendy does not have an API when an email marked as bounced.
C: When user unsubscribe in sendy, it's working on XF too.
D: No. This add-on just inside XF only.

Perhaps you or I misunderstood. Unsubscribe works via sendy without login.

B: I have no heard about this issues o_O

Yes, perhaps I forgot to log it but it's there. To recreate, setup 3 mailing lists (not sure if number matters), subscribe to all, then selectively unsubscribe. You'll see that all mailing lists are checked off even though you selected one (also reflected on sendy).

A: It's limited by sendy does not have an API when an email marked as bounced.

o.k., Maybe there is a workaround:

what happens if I put the xenforo bonced email in the sendy settings so that ll bounces end up in the xenforo acp and are marke in xenforo then? Does your script makes sure that all users within XF who have a user ste of "bounced email" are taken off of the sendy mailing list?

C: When user unsubscribe in sendy, it's working on XF too.

Just to be sure that I understood these steps correctly:

1. a user clicks on "unsubscribe" on the buttom of the sendy newsletter.
2. he gets unsubscribed from the sendy newsletter without beeing forced to login somewhere or to put an email address somewhere
3. Your addon then checks this new information inside of sendy and then (via a cron job?) changes the settings in the suersprofile within Xenforo of the checkbox "receive site mailings of the admin", so that the same information is in sendy and XF?

D: No. This add-on just inside XF only.

I do not understand this. Could you please elaborate on this?

Sendy/amazon marks this newsletter as spam. What exactly happens then within sendy and within XF?

Top Bottom