[Nobita] Sendy.co Integration (Subscribe/Unsubscribe)

[Nobita] Sendy.co Integration (Subscribe/Unsubscribe) [Paid] 1.1.8a

No permission to buy ($20.00)
I'm about to purchase this addon, but there are a few things I'm wondering about:
  1. No bounce handling? I'm currently using Amazon SES and BD Mails addon to process emails / bounces. What happens with this addon and Sendy if I send out my first email and get a ton of bounces? Where do those go and how are they processed?
  2. Different "lists": My Amazon SES 24-hour send rate is slightly below my total list size. Sendy says to split the list up. How do I do that with this addon?
  3. Segment lists: Similar to the above, what if I want to break out my list into groups like "members with 0-5 posts" and "members with 6- infinity posts"?
Thanks in advance for help with this!

1. No bounce handling? I'm currently using Amazon SES and BD Mails addon to process emails / bounces. What happens with this addon and Sendy if I send out my first email and get a ton of bounces? Where do those go and how are they processed?

Sendy integrates with SES for sending, thus Sendy utilises SES settings for bounce emails. As long as SES is setup to deliver bounces to your XF bounce handling email address, then bounces from Sendy will be handled the same as bounces from your transactional emails.

Thanks @Mouth !

So, once the users are marked as "bounced" in XF, what happens with future sends from Sendy? Is this addon updating the Sendy list to remove those bounces?

I'm realizing this addon is only one-direction sync, right? So when someone unsubscribes via Sendy, this information is not sent back to XF in any way?

It also seems that I must have only one "newsletter" list with Sendy for things to work properly? Splitting into two lists completely nulls the need for this addon.

Thanks @Mouth !

So, once the users are marked as "bounced" in XF, what happens with future sends from Sendy? Is this addon updating the Sendy list to remove those bounces?

I'm realizing this addon is only one-direction sync, right? So when someone unsubscribes via Sendy, this information is not sent back to XF in any way?

It also seems that I must have only one "newsletter" list with Sendy for things to work properly? Splitting into two lists completely nulls the need for this addon.

I have this and sendy though I've yet to use them.

You can setup multiple lists.
Subscribe and unsubscribe is done via xf.

I can't comment on bounces but if properly redirected to xf it should pend the account. Now whether that updates sendy I'm not 100% sure on but will test

Thanks @ichpen

I'm about to send to a huge list and want to make sure I don't tick-off my members or SES. I want to fully understand how all the bounces, complaints, unsubscribes, etc. are handled and processed and presented to users. Right now I'm very confused by all of it.

Here's the process (and my questions) so far:
  1. First, after installing Sendy & this addon, I need to check "Apply Subscribe rebuilds" and rebuild users. This puts all the pre-addon users into the mailing list on sendy (not sure who is / isn't added. Banned members? Members marked as invalid emails? etc?)
  2. All users are sent into a list in Sendy
  3. I send out my newsletter with the "Unsubscribe" link variable / code from Sendy.
  4. Hard Bounces from SES should be processed through xenforo. - What happens to make sure these are unsubscribed from Sendy?
  5. A user clicks "unsubscribe" from the newsletter. This is captured in Sendy, but not sent to XF, is this correct?
  6. For the user that unsubscribed: What will it show in the user's profile on XF? Will they still show as subscribed there, even if they are unsubscribed via Sendy?

We recently went from http to https and since then emails are not being added to Sendy.

We've changed the Install URL in Nobita Sendy Options. But the emails are not added. If we rebuild, they are not added. What have we missed? Thanks

We recently went from http to https and since then emails are not being added to Sendy.

We've changed the Install URL in Nobita Sendy Options. But the emails are not added. If we rebuild, they are not added. What have we missed? Thanks
Does you get any error logging?
It would be really cool if the author made an appearance to offer some support and presales. Radical thought I know.
Yep. If you want to support must go to my forums. If you want to support there, you need tag me in your post.

I'm very interested in finding a way to get the unsubscribes and spam-reports from Sendy and into my XF database. I know Sendy doesn't provide for an API, but I'm wondering if there's a work around?

What about a weekly cron that:
• exports all unsubscribes from Sendy DB (listid= xyz) and then sets XF USER to "do not receive site mailings"
• exports all SPAM reports from Sendy DB (listid= xyz) and then sets XF USER to "bounce" AND "do not receive site mailings"

Would something like that work?

I'm very interested in finding a way to get the unsubscribes and spam-reports from Sendy and into my XF database. I know Sendy doesn't provide for an API, but I'm wondering if there's a work around?

• exports all unsubscribes from Sendy DB (listid= xyz) and then sets XF USER to "do not receive site mailings"
• exports all SPAM reports from Sendy DB (listid= xyz) and then sets XF USER to "bounce" AND "do not receive site mailings"

If you have an huge users so weekly run in each users still take a long time.

Thanks @Nobita.Kun for the quick reply!
weekly run in each users still take a long time.

Maybe I'm not knowledgeable enough about this, but even on a big list (like 300,000 subscribers) let's say the # of unsubscribes is 10,000 emails. If all of those emails are exported, and then only those emails are run through an update SQL command like "SET receive_mailings = no WHERE user_email = xyz", wouldn't it be relatively fast?

Again, I'm not well versed in this area, but if I copy 1,000 rows of that update command into PhpMyAdmin, it only takes a few seconds to complete.

I'm hoping I'm making sense.

Huh? Sorry I have misleading your post. I have not see the Sendy DB structure but it is possible to do.

Sorry, I'm probably not explaining it well.

Here are some more details on my problem: I'd like to send automated monthly emails using this addon. The problem is that when people unsubscribe from Sendy, it doesn't unsubscribe from XF's DB, so that mailing will send to people who unsubscribed from our newsletters and/or marked them as spam... which isn't good.

I'm also realizing that if I use that addon, I run into another problem: Anyone that unsubscribes or marks-as-spam from that mailing does not get updated into Sendy. UGH!

So many problems would be resolved if there was 100% bi-directional syncing between XF and Sendy.

I'm also realizing that if I use that addon, I run into another problem: Anyone that unsubscribes or marks-as-spam from that mailing does not get updated into Sendy. UGH!

upload_2017-6-27_16-4-31.webp

It does work I think. My understanding is when you go to send to that list again, it will not try to send to the unsubscribed/bounced users.

It does work I think. My understanding is when you go to send to that list again, it will not try to send to the unsubscribed/bounced users.

Yes, that's correct within Sendy. So, as long as all your mailings come from Sendy, you should be mostly fine (even though members unchecking the "Receive Site Mailings" doesn't update Sendy).

The issue I'm dealing with is that I'd like to send mailings with another addon outside of Sendy, but since this Sendy integration addon only syncs one way (again, a partial sync since it's only the newsletter signup and not "site mailings" or any other forms of non-sendy bounces, etc.), I'm going to run into problems where some people have unsubscribed from the newsletter, marked it as spam, etc., but that info is not in XF.

Yes, that's correct within Sendy. So, as long as all your mailings come from Sendy, you should be mostly fine (even though members unchecking the "Receive Site Mailings" doesn't update Sendy).

The issue I'm dealing with is that I'd like to send mailings with another addon outside of Sendy, but since this Sendy integration addon only syncs one way (again, a partial sync since it's only the newsletter signup and not "site mailings" or any other forms of non-sendy bounces, etc.), I'm going to run into problems where some people have unsubscribed from the newsletter, marked it as spam, etc., but that info is not in XF.

I'm following you now..

I just tested the subscriber status within the Sendy API and it works.. It sends back "Unsubscribed" for the user that's obviously, Unsubscribed. Now getting that data into XF is another story as you've found out.

Please talk with me via PM. We will discussion about the funding. Anyone want to contrib alway be welcome.

Top Bottom