[Nobita] Sendy.co Integration (Subscribe/Unsubscribe)

[Nobita] Sendy.co Integration (Subscribe/Unsubscribe) [Paid] 1.1.8a

No permission to buy ($20.00)
I have a question about "Apply Subscribe on Rebuilds" @Nobita.Kun . I rebuild each time I send a newsletter because I have new members. By having that box checked am I adding the bounced accounts back into the subscribe? I am not clear on what this does. Because if it readds the bounced, unsubscribed, and not just the new users it would hurt my SES account. Please explain what the box does, because this "If checked, all users will be subscribed when you rebuild users." basically says I will add all users back in.

I am worried that this is not working the way I thought it does and hurting my account. I show 44 members bounced in search users on my xF backend. However, I am showing 51 bounced emails from my last newsletter, and 25 bounced on the one before that. If that check box is adding these bounced emails back to subscribe then this is a really bad thing. Please correct me, because in my head I should be showing probably about 100 bounced in xF backend.

I have a question about "Apply Subscribe on Rebuilds" @Nobita.Kun . I rebuild each time I send a newsletter because I have new members. By having that box checked am I adding the bounced accounts back into the subscribe? I am not clear on what this does. Because if it reads the bounced, unsubscribed, and not just the new users it would hurt my SES account. Please explain what the box does, because this "If checked, all users will be subscribed when you rebuild users." basically says I will add all users back in.

I am worried that this is not working the way I thought it does and hurting my account. I show 44 members bounced in search users on my xF backend. However, I am showing 51 bounced emails from my last newsletter, and 25 bounced on the one before that. If that check box is adding these bounced emails back to subscribe then this is a really bad thing. Please correct me, because in my head I should be showing probably about 100 bounced in xF backend.

I want to follow-up after examining the list. The list shows 114 bounced from all newsletters (5). So I searched for these users in the backend of xF and they are showing valid. Do I need to manually mark them as "Email invalid (bounced)"? It doesn't look like Sendy continues adding them once they are marked as bounced. However, in xF their accounts stay valid and I am having to manually mark them. Like I said earlier only 44 accounts are marked as bounced in xF, but I have 114 in the list on Sendy.

Is there a way to run a cron job to rebuild the Sendy list everyday? I am trying to utilize Sendy more to reach out to members based on time and I could do it manually every day, but it would be even better to do it automatically. This might be a noob question, but I rarely mess with cron jobs.

I am having an issue where I marked the 1 default list that I want users to be subscribed to. There are three others that people can choose to receive as well, but when I rebuild the cache it subscribes them to all 4 lists. I don't know if I missing some setting or if this is suppose to do that. I am hoping it's something I missed otherwise this is going to be a PITA to work with.

Can I track open rates of thread notifications with this? I have sendy setup and am about to integrate it into Xenforo, and ideally I want to use it for ALL email from Xenforo, including notifications and for monthly email newsletters. Thanks.

Is there a way to run a cron job to rebuild the Sendy list everyday? I am trying to utilize Sendy more to reach out to members based on time and I could do it manually every day, but it would be even better to do it automatically. This might be a noob question, but I rarely mess with cron jobs.
Do you have VPS setup?

I have a question about "Apply Subscribe on Rebuilds" @Nobita.Kun . I rebuild each time I send a newsletter because I have new members. By having that box checked am I adding the bounced accounts back into the subscribe? I am not clear on what this does. Because if it readds the bounced, unsubscribed, and not just the new users it would hurt my SES account. Please explain what the box does, because this "If checked, all users will be subscribed when you rebuild users." basically says I will add all users back in.

I want to follow-up after examining the list. The list shows 114 bounced from all newsletters (5). So I searched for these users in the backend of xF and they are showing valid. Do I need to manually mark them as "Email invalid (bounced)"? It doesn't look like Sendy continues adding them once they are marked as bounced. However, in xF their accounts stay valid and I am having to manually mark them. Like I said earlier only 44 accounts are marked as bounced in xF, but I have 114 in the list on Sendy.

I'd like to know this as well @Nobita.Kun :)

Joe my concerns are gone now. I found that it does not duplicate or anything like that. Now it just simply adds someone when the register or when I run the tool. None of the unsubbed, banned, or anything go back on the list. I caution you to patrol your list though on a regular basis and get people who don't want to be off of it. I keep my lists very clean. Sendy marks everything correctly as well. I might record a few Sendy videos to try to help out as well. My early concerns though are gone at this point and all is good.

Joe my concerns are gone now. I found that it does not duplicate or anything like that. Now it just simply adds someone when the register or when I run the tool. None of the unsubbed, banned, or anything go back on the list. I caution you to patrol your list though on a regular basis and get people who don't want to be off of it. I keep my lists very clean. Sendy marks everything correctly as well. I might record a few Sendy videos to try to help out as well. My early concerns though are gone at this point and all is good.

Good to hear, thanks for the info. I've been using this for the past year and I've been very happy with it.

I used Sendy to send out my last holiday newsletter:
It went out to 29,777 people, but only 3,542 opened it.
26,235 didn't open.

This is incredibly low, and I'm unsure why. The bounce rate was very low, as was the spam and unsubscribe rate. I'm thinking there was some issue with those emails actually being delivered. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Secondly, is it possible to use Sendy for notification emails? I want to be able to monitor open/delivery rates of notifications from XF.

Thanks.

I used Sendy to send out my last holiday newsletter:
It went out to 29,777 people, but only 3,542 opened it.
26,235 didn't open.

This is incredibly low, and I'm unsure why. The bounce rate was very low, as was the spam and unsubscribe rate. I'm thinking there was some issue with those emails actually being delivered. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Secondly, is it possible to use Sendy for notification emails? I want to be able to monitor open/delivery rates of notifications from XF.

Thanks.
No. Sendy have very limited API for dev :oops:

I'm a bit confused about this add-on, all it does is sync my members emails to Sendy, is that correct?

How do I then send out a newletter to all my users? Is that done with this add-on or do I create the newsletter in Sendy?

Thank You.

I'm a bit confused about this add-on, all it does is sync my members emails to Sendy, is that correct?

How do I then send out a newletter to all my users? Is that done with this add-on or do I create the newsletter in Sendy?

Thank You.

You create the newsletter in Sendy

I have a list of email addresses that I'd like to move from MailChimp to Sendy. Most of these email addresses are from my xenForo site. Once I import the addresses into Sendy, how can I sync them so this plugin handles subscribes/unsubscribes from my XF site in the future?

Top Bottom