[No thanks] Lose the avatar next to quick reply

AndyB

Every time I'm viewing a thread, I get to the last post and see my avatar next to the quick reply. This always confuses me because it looks like I made a post in the thread which I know I have not.

Wouldn't it be better to remove the avatar next to the quick reply?

Upvote 1
See, wasn't that template mod easy :) Now all you need to do is repeat that on the template system when you get the software :)

No need to repeat yourself, I understand you like it the way it is the first time. But this forum section is here for members like myself to make suggestion which feel would be an improvement on the current design.

Often the last people you want advice from are those that have been using forums for a long time. What Kier and Mike need to do is ask some friends that are not familiar with forums for their thoughts on this.

No need to repeat yourself, I understand you like it the way it is the first time. But this forum section is here for members like myself to make suggestion which feel would be an improvement on the current design.

Often the last people you want advice from are those that have been using forums for a long time. What Kier and Mike need to do is ask some friends that are not familiar with forums for their thoughts on this.
Last people? These "people" have been using it for years so their experience should be welcomed with open arms. But everyone is entitled to their opinion and i accept yours :).

I do not have a problem with it, it looks nice. It's true that sometimes it can give you the impression you've posted a reply though.

Every time I'm viewing a thread, I get to the last post and see my avatar next to the quick reply. This always confuses me because it looks like I made a post in the thread which I know I have not.

Wouldn't it be better to remove the avatar next to the quick reply?

This threw me too at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I do think there is something to the whole "it invites you to post" theory - or at least, that's my excuse for posting about 10x as much on this board as any other that I frequent.

I love the avatar next to the quick reply box.

I'm quite happy to beat anyone up who thinks otherwise, in the car park, after forum closing time.

I like it. Makes me feel part of the thread already - it encourages me to post (you might have noticed)
^ Hit the nail on the head with the intention of the design. Everything in XenForo is designed to encourage posting and participation, even to the point of styling the quick reply area to look as though you have already started to play a part in the discussion.

^ Hit the nail on the head with the intention of the design. Everything in XenForo is designed to encourage posting and participation, even to the point of styling the quick reply area to look as though you have already started to play a part in the discussion.

One of the major things I like is that when I look at the page the most prominent thing is the CONTENT - what people say - as well as their pics.
That's excellent design - to have the strength to RESTRAIN The design so it doesn't dominate the content.
So many page designs are so funky/ murky dark/ razzamatazz mobile/ mega large borders or mega big icons or instructions - then the content is this weak little scrappy afterthought. The designer is shrieking for attention like a toddler instead of creating a container for someone else.
Mature design here: XF.

Top Bottom