1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 News Feed Permission Issue

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by iguanairs, Jan 4, 2015.

1. iguanairs

iguanairs Member

I am currently logged into my site under my test account, which has registered user permissions only. As my test user I have been looking around to see what the registered members see. I looked under my news feed and found a post written by my admin account, from a private forum that registered users shouldn't be seeing anything from. I then clicked the link to the thread to view it as the registered user and received the error page. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Registered users should not be seeing anything from forums they can't access. I would think that this would carry over to the new feed also. What am I missing or is this how it works? If it is how it works, how do we lock it down?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's really no reason for this to happen -- there are full permission checks on the news feed. Can you perhaps show us a link where we can see the specific problem? Can you show the analyze permission output for the specific forum in question (for your test user)?