• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 User group permission issue

Betclever

Hello all,

In fact, I have given another specific status to some members but even if I have given all permissions (a part moderation), This one can't edit/modify/delete a post anymore.

If I give the status "member" as secondary status, it works but I don't understand why cause they almost have the same rights...

If I have to check the box "members", any possibility to hide the ribbon "members" to specific users via CSS under the user groups cause I'm able to put CSS there?

I have attached 2 print screens.
PS: It is in French, don't hesitate to tell me if you need translation or not or I can put the forum in English to add new print screen if needed.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Use the permissions analyser to determine where the final permission is being set for a particular member.

Lawrence

As @Brogan has suggested, go to AdminCP->Users->Analyze Permissions and type in the user name, and click on analyze. The resulting screen will show what the final permissions are, and clicking the details link will show why.