bug on the second user group permission

levi45

Hi i have issue with Secondary user groups permission. If i add user to Secondary user groups , Secondary user groups permission not working . For example i have registered user and i add any registered user to donating member group as a Secondary user groups, donating user groups permissions are granted but they cant access to nodes that visible to donating members. I hope this is makes sense to you guys and thanks .

This is unlikely to be a bug so I have moved the thread.

The issue is most likely due to incorrect permission settings.

Use the permissions analyser in the ACP.

These guides will help.

A quick tip. Be sure you don't set permissions to "never" in the registered member group, because then permissions can't be override by secondary groups in any way.
Thanks for the tip but on my any users group never set permission to never. I use yes or not . It's strange I have created donating members also vip members . If i ad any registered user to any of this created user group as a secondary user group they cannot see that node for granted for donating member and vip member. But If I change registered user to vip user group directly then its working.

But If I change registered user to vip user group directly then its working.
In that case the issue could also be caused by the node permissions somehow.
Sometimes it's really a search, but once you're used to it, it gets easy.

If these kind of odd things are the issue, the best thing is what @Brogan said to use the permissions analyzer in the ACP.
And if you don't understand it, you can post screenshots here, I'm sure he or me or somebody can help you with that.

If i ad any registered user to any of this created user group
Oh wait... seems you might be doing it the other way around. Registered users are always base usergroup.

Setup secondary usergroups like Donating with the permissions you want them to have.
Now if you want somebody to be in the Donating group, then don't change this users usergroup to Donating. But keep him in the registered group and then select the "Donating users" box in the secondary group, that should be all.

If you are doing it like that, then it's correct and then the permissions analyzer should be able to show where it goes wrong.

Oh wait... seems you might be doing it the other way around. Registered users are always base usergroup.

Setup secondary usergroups like Donating with the permissions you want them to have.
Now if you want somebody to be in the Donating group, then don't change this users usergroup to Donating. But keep him in the registered group and then select the "Donating users" box in the secondary group, that should be all.

If you are doing it like that, then it's correct and then the permissions analyzer should be able to show where it goes wrong.
Hi this one just to see if directly add user to this created user group if the permission works ( and its working registered user turn in to Vip user). So my issue is with secondary user group that cant see node that i have opened for the donating members .This screen shot from that node i ve allowed donating members to view them but not working
Screenshot from 2023-07-25 16-39-58.webp

Ok i also done permissions analyzer for the donating member ,but says view thread content No. screenshot from permissions analyzer in the ACP for doanating member
Screenshot from 2023-07-25 16-54-39.webp

Top Bottom