Implemented user group permission: can add new tag

Alpha1

To prevent erroneous tags from entering the database, it would be very useful to have a usergroup permission that controls adding of new tags to the database. With such permission ranking members can be allowed to enter new tags to media entries, while new members can add only existing tags.
This prevents the tag database from becoming a mess and a SEO issue.

Currently we have only a usergroup permission to control who can add tags to an entry. I would like to have 2 permissions:
- can add tags.
- can add new tags.

In other word: if a member does not have permission to add new tags, but does have permission to add tags then he will have to choose a tag that already exists in the database. This is also how xentags works.
Without a usergroup permission to control new tags, the database can get extremely polluted.

@0ptima @MrDeranged You have expressed interest for this function. Please add your vote again.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just came across this by chance, I assume this is implemented by way of XF 1.5's tagging system.

I believe it is. Forgot I even posted in here. :). Maybe by the time I finish going through over 3000 tags, xf will come out with a way to do mass edits of existing tags... :(

Just came across this by chance, I assume this is implemented by way of XF 1.5's tagging system.
Can you please explain where we can control who can add new tags to the database? i.e. tags that no one added before. In contrast to tags that already exist in the database.

Top Bottom