RM 1.1 Resource Manager Permission Issue

Majestic

Hello, I hope this is the right section to post this.

I am having a little trouble with permissions. Basically what I am trying to do is set it so the registered group can view the resources, and the attached images but can't download them. They need to reach the requirements on the forum to be promoted to a community group before they can download.

I have no private resource sections, once you gain access after the promotion you can download from all.

Testing permissions from a user in the registered group (using the ACP test permissions feature) they seem to be able to download the files despite having the no set in their usergroup and with the inherit on the resource categorizes. The test user has no additional usergroups. I have not used the never option anywhere for this. I did put allow for viewing both resources and image in the usergroup however.

I have been using this resource to help me through the permission math:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/

Using the: Not Set (No) + Not Set (No) = Overall No for the resource manager seems to not have worked for me.

Attached is a screenshot of the permissions for the resource manager and usergroup.

Any help in sorting this would be appreciated, I am sure it's something in my permission settings, taking me a while to figure it all out. Too used to vBulletin settings.

Attachments

• analyse.webp
    analyse.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 3
  • category.webp
    category.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 3
  • usergroup.webp
    usergroup.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 3
The analysis looks ok, but I need to check a wording you used. The download permission refers to downloading the resource's file itself. Images that are uploaded to the body/description, if they are viewable, can be downloaded (they are downloaded to display them).

The analysis looks ok, but I need to check a wording you used. The download permission refers to downloading the resource's file itself. Images that are uploaded to the body/description, if they are viewable, can be downloaded (they are downloaded to display them).

Sorry I meant that the file itself not the images. My bad wording, sorry about that.

Have you tried setting the actual permission set up to your own account and then testing?

Thank you, I tried it (with my test account) and they can't download, it was just the testing permission feature that they could no doubt picking up on my admin account abilities. Many thanks. :D

Top Bottom