Resource icon

Newest Members Block for XenForo 1.2.x 1.0.1

No permission to download

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Chris Deeming submitted a new resource:

Newest Members Block for XenForo 1.2.x - Adds a Latest Members block to the Notable Members page

This add-on is for XenForo 1.2.X only. The installer will give you a nice error message if you attempt to install it on a version below 1.2.0 Beta 1.

View attachment 49344

The Notable Members page no longer includes a Newest Members block. This add-on adds it back in (Using a Template Modification).

HOW TO INSTALL

The easiest way to install this add-on is if you use the Add-On...

Read more about this resource...

If you get an error when you try to install it on xf 1.2 beta 1...then how how did you install it? :cautious:

EDIT: lol nvm I didn't see the 'below' part. I read fast lol.

Has anyone besides me not been able to get this to work for them?

I'll assume you are looking on your Notable Member List, right?

Edit....

I just installed as well, not showing here. No other add-on installed either.

notable.webp

I cannot even find what it is looking for (the find) anywhere in my member_notable template.

Last edited:
Installed this twice now.

Each time, I am completely unable to even "edit" the template modification it creates.

In the search field, each time, it puts this:
search.webp

This is the code from the XML:
Code:
      <find><![CDATA[/<xen:if is="{\$birthdays}">(.*?)<\/xen:if>/is]]></find>

Just not sure what is going on...

invalid.webp

Got it to work....

Had to go into debug, change the find part and replace part. Also changed from Reg Expression to Simple Replacement.

Works on local host without any add ons apart from my one:

b72H2eY.png

No need to go on the defensive. It was a rhetorical question.

I appreciate anyone reporting their findings, it has been helpful. Thank you.

Hmm...

Just tried it again, still works for me too.

Code:
/<xen:if is="{\$birthdays}">(.*?)<\/xen:if>/is

You won't directly see this code in your template, but what this is doing is it's saying:

Find <xen:if is="{$birthdays}"> whatever the hell is after it, up until </xen:if>

The reason it's more ideal to do it like that, is because we cannot always guarantee - as a loose example - that the contents of the birthdays block will be the same. For example, someone could use a template modification or even manual template edit to change the birthdays block to be a list of names rather than a heap of avatars.

If my template modification tries to find this:

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$birthdays}">
        <div class="section">
            <div class="secondaryContent avatarHeap">
                <h3>{xen:phrase todays_birthdays}</h3>

<ol>
                <xen:foreach loop="$birthdays" value="$user">
                    <li><xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" text="{$user.username}" class="Tooltip" title="{$user.username}" /></li>
                </xen:foreach>
                </ol>
            </div>
        </div>
    </xen:if>

And replace it (or add on to) with my block of code, I can't guarantee that birthdays block will always contain that code and can't guarantee my add-on will work in all cases. Regular expressions is one way I can solve that... Ok ok ok, it doesn't seem to be working for everyone right now but all I have to say about that is :p

After the way DRE has been talked about here and elsewhere, it's a surprise any one even mentions errors as it is. Just being cautious. Only installed it because he was having issues, which I actually ran across.

Just did another upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.2 BETA.

Block doesn't show.

Going to do a fresh install of 1.2 and see if it appears.

Brand new site, nothing added except original admin account. Then created a new user.

This is what is inside the TMC thingy for xF.

brandnew.webp

After the way DRE has been talked about here and elsewhere, it's a surprise any one even mentions errors as it is. Just being cautious. Only installed it because he was having issues, which I actually ran across.
Didn't mean to ignore your questions earlier (was busy) but I'll answer this post instead. A great amount of my post count is dedicated to reporting errors. Sometimes I mess up the way I report them but I won't stop even if I get ignored or talked about. That's not even the reason most people don't report errors though dude. The reality is, most people don't report errors as often as they should is because they gave up (not everyone is as stubborn as us), they are too busy, they don't care or they aren't confident enough to post the error. We are stubborn, confident and we care about getting something to work (not so much about other people's opinions) which is why we post as many errors or problems as we do, even if it's not always in a professional manner.

Top Bottom