Resource icon

Newest Members Block for XenForo 1.2.x 1.0.1

No permission to download
Didn't mean to ignore your questions earlier (was busy) but I'll answer this post instead. A great amount of my post count is dedicated to reporting errors. Sometimes I mess up the way I report them but I won't stop even if I get ignored or talked about. That's not even the reason most people don't report errors though dude. The reality is, most people don't report errors as often as they should is because they gave up (not everyone is as stubborn as us), they are too busy, they don't care or they aren't confident enough to post the error. We are stubborn, confident and we care about getting something to work (not so much about other people's opinions) which is why we post as many errors or problems as we do, even if it's not always in a professional manner.

That's not what I am talking about (how errors are reported).

Sorry, I should probably update you all :p

Don't worry about the PHP version.

There is a bug in XenForo 1.2 beta 1 which @Mike has fixed for beta 2.

Until then, this add-on will not work correctly unless you're using PHP 5.4.

I get this able when trying to disable it.

Please enter a valid callback method (LatestMembersBlock_Install::installer).

I have disabled all modifications and using a basic theme. Still won't disable.

I am using Xenforo 1.2 RC2

I get this able when trying to disable it.

Please enter a valid callback method (LatestMembersBlock_Install::installer).

I have disabled all modifications and using a basic theme. Still won't disable.

I am using Xenforo 1.2 RC2
That suggests the library/LatestMembersBlock/Install.php file is missing.

I think it would be a good idea to make sure all of the files are uploaded -- it would also cause the foreach template error you reported.

Reactions: DRE
I think it's whatever the default is on the original Member list.

I can't see this one needing any updates so I will tell you where to change it in the code. Should be a pretty easy change.

Thanks, I will install this evening and see how many new members show up in the list.
By the way in XF terminology what is the dfinition of a new member?

For reference, if you do need to change the limit, after installing the add-on, edit the file:

library/LatestMembersBlock/ControllerPublic/Member.php

PHP:
$parent->params['latestUsers'] = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_User')->getLatestUsers($criteria, array('limit' => 8));

Change 'limit' => 8 to any other value.

For reference, if you do need to change the limit, after installing the add-on, edit the file:

library/LatestMembersBlock/ControllerPublic/Member.php

PHP:
$parent->params['latestUsers'] = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_User')->getLatestUsers($criteria, array('limit' => 8));

Change 'limit' => 8 to any other value.

Hi,

I am fine with 8, but I need to change the time frame. It seems that they are only displayed, if they registered within the last day. The next day, the ones of yesterday are not displayed anymore. Only new ones from today.

How can I chnange this?

great addon by the way...

Top Bottom