New XenForo Experience ACE - Download Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Feeds addon is designed for that. Once is installed , it will disable the page, example if I move to whats new, it will disable entire page sadly.
I suspect you must be using the Feeds as the default index page. I'm not.

I don't think Feeds addon is designed for that. Once is installed , it will disable the page, example if I move to whats new, it will disable entire page sadly.
But this is by design. Feeds is designed to be a homepage community experience. You can indeed have a separate homepage but what would that be? A list of articles? A forum list? These are built into feeds. If you have a completely separate homepage like WP that works well too, this is the community homepage, doesnt have to be your entire brand website homepage if you dont want it to be.

And whats new conflicts, since its kinda a feed.

But this is by design. Feeds is designed to be a homepage community experience. You can indeed have a separate homepage but what would that be? A list of articles? A forum list? These are built into feeds. If you have a completely separate homepage like WP that works well too, this is the community homepage, doesnt have to be your entire brand website homepage if you dont want it to be.

And whats new conflicts, since its kinda a feed.

Where i can find the changelog for ACE and Feeds?

Thanks

You can indeed have a separate homepage but what would that be? A list of articles? A forum list?
No, generally a homepage gives you an overview of what the site is about. I think some text, ie actual words strung together in paragraphs, maybe with some headings

I suppose it depends on whether the site has more to offer than just a forum though.

No, generally a homepage gives you an overview of what the site is about. I think some text, ie actual words strung together in paragraphs, maybe with some headings

I suppose it depends on whether the site has more to offer than just a forum though.
Not typically, ironically. A typical community will actually have dynamic content, feeds, etc on the homepage. :p just about every homepage of a popular site I can find would use this format.

Not typically, ironically. A typical community will actually have dynamic content, feeds, etc on the homepage. :p just about every homepage of a popular site I can find would use this format.
It can obviously make sense as a part of any site’s home page to include dynamic content along with meaningful text, calls to action etc. e.g:

But I think it’s not the best strategy to have nothing but “feeds”

It can obviously make sense as a part of any site’s home page to include dynamic content along with meaningful text, calls to action etc. e.g:

I can't think of a site they when I login I want to see just some text about the site. Perhaps we are using the wrong terminology. I'm defining a community index as the place you get community content, not necessarily your true index. I stated that above that if you have WordPress or anything that is fine but a WordPress is not typically a community index. Reference Facebook, Twitter, reddit, any news site, any site you login to, etc. It is essentially always dynamic content. Feeds is a dynamic content homepage. If you don't want that, then don't. Feeds is designed to replace the index of your community index.

Hopefully this explanation makes sense as I think it's hard to articulate.

I can't think of a site they when I login I want to see just some text about the site. Perhaps we are using the wrong terminology. I'm defining a community index as the place you get community content, not necessarily your true index. I stated that above that if you have WordPress or anything that is fine but a WordPress is not typically a community index. Reference Facebook, Twitter, reddit, any news site, any site you login to, etc. It is essentially always dynamic content. Feeds is a dynamic content homepage. If you don't want that, then don't. Feeds is designed to replace the index of your community index.

I think that I kind of get where you are going with this. We have a sort of dynamic front page. We use Xenporta and periodically (probably not often enough) remove and add threads to it. We have a content page using an article node and the person who runs it promotes her posts to Xenporta and I have the opening thread as a feature. What interests me about Feeds is the ability to take that up a notch and have some automation around it. Right now, it is basically dependent on mods and admins deciding a certain thread is worth highlighting and taking action to do that. So it is more static with occasional changes than truly dynamic.

Reference Facebook, Twitter, reddit, any news site, any site you login to, etc. It is essentially always dynamic content. Feeds is a dynamic content homepage. If you don't want that, then don't. Feeds is designed to replace the index of your community index.

Yes it all makes sense, it is down to how you want your home page to be. However I do think many people want to give Google some content. The big social media sites may not need that as much as some forums do.

I therefore see the home page more for first time visitors (including search engines) to find out about the site. Users will make their own decisions about the page they start on or bookmark, whether it’s an index of forums, new posts etc.

But as you imply, it’s up to the site owner to choose what they think will work.

Last edited:
Agreed. I like the AC.UI theme (I like the mobile touches most of all), but not comfortable with the forum home defaulting to Feeds. Visitors to forums in our industry or with similar topics expect either a portal page (current articles, trending threads, links to the forum) or they prefer seeing the forum list. Feeds as a very clever What's New replacement would be nice, but having my visitors all hit this as their new home page is only going to cheese most of them off.

Or in other words, I don't care to dumb down our forums just to resemble Reddit...we're a forum, not mass social media. 🙂

I can't think of a site they when I login I want to see just some text about the site. Perhaps we are using the wrong terminology.
I think I see the misunderstanding now. I didn't actually say just some text I said dynamic content along with meaningful text.

On my site I have some text explaining what the site is about, then some popualy posts and latest posts and important links. It's a work in progress though...

Hello everyone!

Just a few seconds ago we release a new update for Feeds which is version 1.2.4 Patch Level 4. These are the issues and enhancements that we added to this release:
  • Fixed an issue for sub navigation links
  • Added a feature to remove thread type filters for feeds of a single thread type
  • Fixed many issues affecting performance
  • Added and enhancement a "Post an article" option in the create button
  • Added a feature to give you the ability to set default feed per user group via batch update users
  • Fixed an issue related to thread feeds
Our team is currently working on getting documentation to reflect these changes and we'll leave an update here once that has been pushed.

If you experience any issues within this release do let us know within this thread or create an issue here.

Still can't find how to remove specific forums from the filter list, it must be possible.

Also how to remove Unanswered content
I'm afraid neither of these is currently possible within Feeds.

Feeds currently offers the option to include all nodes or remove all node filters which can be adjusted within Setup -> Options -> [Audentio] Feeds: Filters.

I get an error when hard deleting a thread. No error if the feeds addon is disabled:

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'thread_id' in 'where clause' src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228
Generated by: Pete Thomas Sep 13, 2021 at 5:10 PM
Stack trace
DELETE  FROM `xf_audfeeds_thread_feed` WHERE thread_id = ?
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(289): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('DELETE  FROM `x...', Array)
#5 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/XF/Entity/Thread.php(290): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->delete('xf_audfeeds_thr...', 'thread_id = ?', Array)
#6 src/addons/Snog/TV/XF/Entity/Thread.php(17): Audentio\Feeds\XF\Entity\Thread->_postDelete()
#7 src/addons/Truonglv/IgnoreContent/XF/Entity/Thread.php(60): Snog\TV\XF\Entity\Thread->_postDelete()
#8 src/addons/XDinc/FTSlider/Entity/Thread.php(25): Truonglv\IgnoreContent\XF\Entity\Thread->_postDelete()
#9 src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/XF/Entity/Thread.php(352): XDinc\FTSlider\Entity\Thread->_postDelete()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1648): SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\Thread->_postDelete()
#11 src/XF/Service/Thread/Deleter.php(71): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete()
#12 src/addons/Snog/Movies/XF/Service/Thread/Deleter.php(43): XF\Service\Thread\Deleter->delete('hard', '')
#13 src/addons/Snog/TV/XF/Service/Thread/Deleter.php(76): Snog\Movies\XF\Service\Thread\Deleter->delete('hard', '')
#14 src/XF/InlineMod/Thread/Delete.php(33): Snog\TV\XF\Service\Thread\Deleter->delete('hard', '')
#15 src/XF/InlineMod/AbstractAction.php(87): XF\InlineMod\Thread\Delete->applyToEntity(Object(SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\Thread), Array)
#16 src/XF/InlineMod/AbstractAction.php(80): XF\InlineMod\AbstractAction->applyInternal(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection), Array)
#17 src/XF/Pub/Controller/InlineMod.php(131): XF\InlineMod\AbstractAction->apply(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection), Array)
#18 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/XF/Pub/Controller/InlineMod.php(54): XF\Pub\Controller\InlineMod->actionPerform()
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): Siropu\AdsManager\XF\Pub\Controller\InlineMod->actionPerform(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:InlineMod', 'Perform', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\AdsManager\XF\Pub\Controller\InlineMod), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\AdsManager\XF\Pub\Controller\InlineMod), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#22 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#23 src/XF/App.php(2344): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#24 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#25 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#26 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(12) "/inline-mod/"
  ["referrer"] => string(51) "https://xf2.cafesaxophone.com/forums/announcements/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["hard_delete"] => string(1) "1"
    ["ids"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(5) "25735"
    }
    ["type"] => string(6) "thread"
    ["action"] => string(6) "delete"
    ["confirmed"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(51) "https://xf2.cafesaxophone.com/forums/announcements/"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(22) "/forums/announcements/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I get an error when hard deleting a thread. No error if the feeds addon is disabled:
Thanks, will ship a fix with the next release.

In the meantime, if you want to hotpatch this yourself, in src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/XF/Entity/Thread.php, replaceLine 290 with:
PHP:
$this->db()->delete('xf_audfeeds_thread_feed_entry', 'thread_id = ?', [$this->thread_id]);

Thanks, will ship a fix with the next release.

In the meantime, if you want to hotpatch this yourself, in src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/XF/Entity/Thread.php, replaceLine 290 with:
You're welcome, but I've stopped using the addon. It doesn't work for us without being able to exclude forums (as above)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom