New User Conversation [Deleted]

FYI: Next version will have a small improvement, which will avoid the timeout & memory errors, if you haven't set the sender option^^
The user will be created (without an welcome conversation) and the addon will create a userfriendly error message in the server error log.
error.webp

Hi mate,

There is a conflict with your addon and the Social Groups addon by Waindigo it seems. Not sure which one of you should know, so I will let both of you know.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/social-groups-by-waindigo.34152/page-27#post-611395

Thanks.
That error should only show if you do not have a valid username (a user that actually exists) set as a conversation starter in the options. have you checked that? By the way, the new version checks for this ;)

That error should only show if you do not have a valid username (a user that actually exists) set as a conversation starter in the options. have you checked that? By the way, the new version checks for this ;)

Hi mate,

I have no idea what happened... I had the correct username listed. Ah well, I clicked the suggestion box for the username and that seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for the help :)

Reactions: Dan
FYI: Next version will have a small improvement, which will avoid the timeout & memory errors, if you haven't set the sender option^^
The user will be created (without an welcome conversation) and the addon will create a userfriendly error message in the server error log.
View attachment 53965
I'm actually still getting these errors in the Admin UI. I do have the sender set correctly.

What's weird is that it doesn't occur for every user registration. One error in the last 4 registrations. 3 successful registrations, one user listed in the error does not exist in the DB.

#0 /home/obs/public_html/community/library/NewUserConversation/Extend/DataWriter/User.php(15): NewUserConversation_Extend_DataWriter_User->sendWelcomeConversation()
#1 /home/obs/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1397): NewUserConversation_Extend_DataWriter_User->_postSave()
#2 /home/obs/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(294): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#3 /home/obs/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#4 /home/obs/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/obs/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Edit: Actually, the user is registered, I just don't see the welcome PM in my conversation list like the other users.

Does it have anything to do with the fact that the conversation starter field automatically appends a comma even if there is only one starter listed like "cmpe, "? Maybe it thinks there are two conversation starters and it's randomly picking what it thinks is the second user?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I got this error even though I'd set the conversation starter?

VJdEKuZ.png

It has been sending conversations though.

I got this error even though I'd set the conversation starter?

VJdEKuZ.png

It has been sending conversations though.
Same issue with me except it's actually not sending conversations because I don't see them in my conversation list. (I'm the only one listed as convo starter).

An argument could be made that the confirmation email is/could be a welcome mail. Change the user_email_confirmation_body_html phrase and make it a welcome email ;)

Top Bottom