Other New Resource Manager at waindigo.com

Our downloads include a license that stipulates that you may not re-post on any site, nor share it.
So (again I'm speaking of free addons) your application is under a Property License which means if someone uses your product and you stop to develop it 2 years after, he might have problems to upgrade? You agree? I would just like developers play the transparency so users can compare.

So (again I'm speaking of free addons) your application is under a Property License which means if someone uses your product and you stop to develop it 2 years after, he might have problems to upgrade? You agree? I would just like developers play the transparency so users can compare.
This isn't really the thread for this conversation, but unless XenForo goes under, and there is no point in supporting our work, we'll support it for as long as XenForo is around.

Even without updates to XenForo, we already update our framework separately from XenForo.

You do know that went for every resource you copied right?
Per your request, the title and statistics related to your resource are being removed as we speak. Descriptions for resources by anyone who is not a waindigo.com member were removed several hours ago, and titles and statistics of tutorials by all members will likely be removed in due course.

This isn't really the thread for this conversation, but unless XenForo goes under, and there is no point in supporting our work, we'll support it for as long as XenForo is around.

Even without updates to XenForo, we already update our framework separately from XenForo.
I don't like to say that but "if" the trial goes bad... Then a user of property license addon, even free, won't be able to port it to another system according that license.

Thankfully there are no downloads and so no add-on or style was re-posted on any site.
Except the resource descriptions that were taken too. Not to mention that the way it's presented, it looks like resource authors posted it themselves instead of it being ripped from the original site without their permission.

All of this comes down to taking content–ANY content–from this site and posting it on another site without the original author's permission, and it's just assumed that we'd all be okay with that.

Please remove my content also.

Am I correct in thinking that this is a direct copy of the code of the XF Resource manager? In which case are you not in breach of Xenforo copyright?

This was a very bad idea, very poorly implemented, and from what you have said it does nothing anyway.. WHAT is the point of this? If you want to develop a resource manager, do so, do it properly using your own technology, and then release it, when it actually has a use.

I never want any of my resources or links to them posted on another site. You may not be hosting the add ons or resources, but you are definitely benefiting from implying that you have significantly more resources than you do.

I honestly cannot believe that anyone would think this is OK either.

I don't like to say that but "if" the trial goes bad... Then a user of property license addon, even free, won't be able to port it to another system according that license.

As far as I'm aware, most other style vendors for any platform do not allow this in the first place.

Even if XF fails, as long as I use it myself (And my recent site uses it) it would be continued to be developed (The framework is where most changes are done anyways, so I only need update that in most cases).

Except the resource descriptions that were taken too. Not to mention
that the way it's presented, it looks like resource authors posted it themselves instead of it being ripped from the original site without their permission.

All of this comes down to taking content–ANY content–from this site and posting it on another site without the original author's permission, and it's just assumed that we'd all be okay with that.

Which is where I had my original issue with this. It only escalated because I hate when people justify stupid choices and act like they were right to do what they did :rolleyes:.

Reactions: Kim
Which is where I had my original issue with this. It only escalated because I hate when people justify stupid choices and act like they were right to do what they did :rolleyes:.
I removed the descriptions within a few minutes of the first person highlighting that it was a bad decision.

This whole thing, in its entirety. Is a terrible decision. The only thing that makes sense is rm -Rf *.

As far as I'm aware, most other style vendors for any platform do not allow this in the first place.
For styles, I've bought a template 10 years ago which wasn't affiliated to any scripts and I'm still able to use its elements now which make my website identity

Even if XF fails, as long as I use it myself (And my recent site uses it) it would be continued to be developed (The framework is where most changes are done anyways, so I only need update that in most cases).
I'm sure you will continue (and your framework seems really nice) but if users don't chose the same platform as you, it will be a problem. But anyway, your addon is a paid one isn't it? So users are supposed to know this especially if you have a property license with it. Most of the time problems come from "free" scripts.

For styles, I've bought a template 10 years ago which wasn't affiliated to any scripts and I'm still able to use its elements now which make my website identity

I'm sure you will continue (and your framework seems really nice) but if users don't chose the same platform as you, it will be a problem. But anyway, your addon is a paid one isn't it? So users are supposed to know this especially if you have a property license with it. Most of the time problems come from "free" scripts.

You're no making the issue to be bigger than it has to be, and really are going off topic. Most designers, unless they state, do not allow their work to be re-used on different platforms. We do the same, as we do not support other platforms.

Our styles will not work on other platforms, as it is built entirely using XF code and made to work only with XF. They may use it for a main page, like with Wordpress, and they could even attempt to use it on an IPB forum on the licensed domain. The issue however is that we will not support these usages, and they are outside of the license scope.

Not sure to understand. I'm just asking for more transparency. I wasn't targeting you.

Sorry but that's not correct.
And I was transparent. The styles can be used on the licensed site, but we will only support the product it is made for (XenForo). Copyright needs to stay no matter on what platform, even with derived work as it is based off of our work originally. This is standard.

And yes, most designers do not allow their work to be re-used on different platforms, because they will not always support it, or already offer services on it (For forums).

I'm not posting anymore as this thread is already going off topic from this, and it's very straight forward.

Reactions: Kim
Top Bottom