Other New Resource Manager at waindigo.com

Just wanted to point out that this is a very common license used for free themes.
for icons as well,
for wordpress themes as well,
for templates as well,
for pictures as well,
for translations as well,
for major scripts/framework as well,
even XenForo has been build thanks to those kind of licenses.

No, of course not. How would I have access to the official XenForo Resource Manager?

So just the front end which is as you said a clone? Which is the only thing that actually works on your version, as back end functionality is not there anyway.

You have to ask yourself if it is the right thing or not to make a rip off copy of the Official Resource Manager (something that is going to be officially released once this lawsuit is done with.) and bring absolutely no originality or difference to it, and then piss off half the resource providers by stealing the content from this site and putting it on your site without permission.

I would suggest to you that you have made a mistake with this, and should withdraw it from public view until such time as you have made it useable and unique, and with it's own content not from any other site.

Sorry to interrupt your off topic discussion, but here in the UK it is no longer the Resource Manager's birthday, and I'm already a bit hungover from the "party" and really need to get some sleep.

To avoid any upset while I'm asleep, I have disabled the new Resource Manager.

Thanks everyone for their feedback and hopefully when I choose to enable it again it will be to more people's liking (and hopefully not break any laws).

Then don't say "most designers do not allow their work to be re-used on different platforms" ! :confused:

Most do not in the forum theme world. You might have a different experience with other arenas however, that does not change the fact that most, especially most professional designers do not.

Stop hijacking this thread, start another if you wish to discuss the minutiae of copyrights and licenses!!!!!

Most do not in the forum theme world. You might have a different experience with other arenas however, that does not change the fact that most, especially most professional designers do not.
Erm, professional designers mostly make commercial themes, but this was about free themes. From my own experience I can tell that professional designers (I don't know how many) tend to make a free theme as advertisement with a license that forbids endusers to remove a backlink to the designers website, but grants them enough freedom to modify, copy etc. their work.

Stop hijacking this thread, start another if you wish to discuss the minutiae of copyrights and licenses!!!!!
I beg forgiveness
bowdown.gif

for icons as well,
for wordpress themes as well,
for templates as well,
for pictures as well,
for translations as well,
for major scripts/framework as well,
even XenForo has been build thanks to those kind of licenses.

Then don't say "most designers do not allow their work to be re-used on different platforms" ! :confused:
... professional designers... ok. Source ?

Here is a really unprofessional website with unprofessional designers:
http://themeforest.net/licenses/regular

I invite you to read the thread and see the link.
Wordpress is a completely different platform, and Themeforest is currently exlcuded from anything but attending Wordcamp due to their license, and their conflict with the Wordpress developers who believe that all work done for Wordpress should be free.

For a proper example, you would want to compare the work of style designers for forums, as that is the only apt comparison available for forum styles. I have already said that the works can be re-used, as long as our copyright remains, however we will not support those changes as we cannot, nor should we logically have too.

Quite honestly, I have no clue what you're doing with this discussion now, because the original subject had nothing to do with the licenses of products, and the discussion of our license then went to you trying to throw us under the bus for something you completely and utterly misunderstood. As long as the copyright is there, and they do not try to take credit for their work, do not try to re-use a paid style on multiple sites, and do not share the resource, we're generally fine with things.

This is standard in the forum style industry, which is much different than Wordpress. Truthfully, the fact that you brought up ThemeForest, which had nothing to do with the discussion just shows that you've misunderstood something drastically.

I'm done with this discussion, and this thread as I've already wasted enough time on it.

Quite honestly, I have no clue what you're doing with this discussion now, because the original subject had nothing to do with the licenses of products, and the discussion of our license then went to you trying to throw us under the bus for something you completely and utterly misunderstood.
If products had transparent licenses, this kind of topic would not even existed. I must have repeated this at least twice times. Do you see Ragtek protesting for his previous addons to be distributed? Let's now quote Guiltar : "Feel free to modify, refactor and extend the addon". It would be nice (it as already been said, but it seems it needs to be repeated again) that the XenForo Ressource Manager have some well-known models of license to inform users as they deserve to be. If developers choose to have a free & opensource license model, then anyone could release them, providing their website don't commit any legal issue. So it would allow any independant Ressource Manager to have opensource addons. The initiative of John was good. Now should have developers choose to be or not on this website? Yes. But before blaming him, may be we should blame ourself not being able to go out our "small forum word". When you're talking about "forum style industry" it's a joke isn't it? Industry ? Really ? And anyway which one of "forum industry"? are you talking about? Tell this to a Drupal, Vanilla, etc, user/coder and he might display a big smile on his face.

Wordpress is a completely different platform, and Themeforest is currently exlcuded from anything but attending Wordcamp due to their license, and their conflict with the Wordpress developers who believe that all work done for Wordpress should be free.
Source?

So just the front end which is as you said a clone? Which is the only thing that actually works on your version, as back end functionality is not there anyway.

You have to ask yourself if it is the right thing or not to make a rip off copy of the Official Resource Manager (something that is going to be officially released once this lawsuit is done with.) and bring absolutely no originality or difference to it, and then piss off half the resource providers by stealing the content from this site and putting it on your site without permission.

I would suggest to you that you have made a mistake with this, and should withdraw it from public view until such time as you have made it useable and unique, and with it's own content not from any other site.

Correct me if I'm wrong resources were linked from to xenforo resource threads? or were files actually hosted on said site? Sorry, still waking up here Kim. I visited/regged the site and couldn't see any RM. Little confused.

Reactions: Kim
Correct me if I'm wrong resources were linked to from to xenforo resource threads? or were files actually hosted on said site? Sorry, still waking up here Kim. I visited/regged the site and couldn't see any RM. Little confused.

He took it down.

No actual items hosted at the site. Only what info was typed into the "description area, etc". I didn't see any actual "products" though, not even images...

Correct me if I'm wrong resources were linked from to xenforo resource threads? or were files actually hosted on said site? Sorry, still waking up here Kim. I visited/regged the site and couldn't see any RM. Little confused.
Linked to here..

Good morning :)

I missed the original too, but what it was was the whole of an entry into the RM here was just copied over, not the actual files, but the whole content.

He then edited to remove all but the name of the resource, the author and the link to it here.

But even that is enough, it is content ripped directly from here and proporting to be from his site, not on imo.

Top Bottom